Roll & Hill is seeking a detail-oriented individual interested in a hands-on role helping to assemble fixtures from our product line. We are a fast-paced, creativity-driven manufacturer of luxury lighting and home furnishings, with a devoted, expanding customer base and a compelling brand story.
Roll & Hill manufactures lights designed by independent designers such as Jason Miller, Lindsey Adelman, Paul Loebach, RBW, Jonah Takagi and Karl Zahn. We assemble our products by hand in our Brooklyn, NY studio.
We are looking for an individual who can give appropriate attention to detail, ensuring the quality and functionality of assembled fixtures. Additional responsibilities will include:
• Using various hand and power tools to assemble components and fixtures;
• Inspecting every fixture for quality control purposes before it leaves the building;
• Writing detailed packing slips for every order and ensuring all information is correct;
• Pulling and organizing the specified type and quantity of parts indicated on picking tickets and other documents;
• Providing customer service to internal clients, including Purchasing, Shipping, Sales and Assembly;
• Data entry related work orders, sales orders, and returns;
• Identifying and counting high quantities of parts accurately, and inspecting raw parts for damage or irregularities;
• Notifying Supervisor and QC Department of discrepancies between drawings and parts, as well as identifying raw parts with material issues;
• Assisting in the maintenance of the department’s paperwork and filing procedures;
• Performing related duties as required;
• Ad hoc projects, as needed.
The ideal candidate will have a background in design, studio art, fabrication, or electrical work, high school diploma (or equivalent) and a minimum of one year of relevant work experience. Other attributes for this position include:
• Strong verbal and written communication skills;
• Knowledge of quality control practices is a plus;
• An eye for detail;
• A team-oriented approach to meeting goals, including a willingness to help out at various stations within the warehouse and cleanup of communal work spaces;
• A proactive work ethic, a sense of urgency and ability to work autonomously;
• Ability to work on your feet up to 95% of the day;
• Must be able to lift up to 75 pounds;
• Must be able to move and climb a ladder safely;
• Specific vision abilities include color vision;
• Ability to handle fragile objects, including glass and marble, with care;
• May engage in frequent bending, stooping, squatting, pushing and pulling of parts and part containers
• Familiarity with material handling equipment such as pallet jacks and hand trucks, for tasks such as unloading a trailer;
• Willingness to develop in-depth knowledge of Roll & Hill products;
• Ability to both offer and accept clear feedback, to prioritize projects and task around fixed deadlines, and to execute ongoing updates to quickly and seamlessly;
• Demonstrated computer proficiency; NetSuite experience is a plus, but not required.
Please email resume, no phone calls or walk-ins.