Who we are: Born in Brooklyn. At home in the world. west elm has been helping customers express their personal style at home since the launch of our first catalog in 2002. Our home base is nestled down under the Manhattan Bridge in the DUMBO neighborhood of Brooklyn, NY, right above our flagship store. We are a dynamic, fast-paced brand with an exciting growth strategy. We value imagination, diversity and giving people the opportunity to explore, grow and shape our future. We look for innovative, smart and hard-working individuals who enjoy creative thinking and ingenuity. Help us carry out our mission of being a source of inspiration to our customers, creating a global community and tirelessly seeking ways to evolve our brand.
The Associate Designer, Dining, will design and develop products consistent with seasonal trends and concepts, and customer/business needs. Under the leadership of the director, own the development process for each product from sketch to approval.
• Translate trends and concepts into designs that respond to business needs for the relevant product category.
• Develop designs from initial concept through approval.
o Pull tears and assemble concepts.
o Create presentation boards.
o Develop designs through sketching and 3D modeling.
o Prepare product renderings.
o Present to design, merchant and leadership team.
o Complete product specifications and CADs.
o Own the development process through daily communication with the sourcing department, vendors and agents.
o Comment on product samples.
o Issue product approvals.
o Coordinate sample presentations and organize samples.
• Are passionate about design, style, and decorating.
• Love to work collaboratively in a group, and have an innate willingness to dig in and contribute with your team.
• Are driven and motivated by the possibilities ahead.
• Think innovation is critical in a business environment and support others in creative thinking.
• Pride yourself on the quality of work and are a stickler for the details.
• Minimum 4 years professional experience required.
• Degree in design or equivalent experience.
• Experience with drafting, 3D modeling, and rendering a must (we use Autocad, Rhino, and Keyshot)
• Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator, and Outlook are essential.
We offer an extensive benefits package designed to help you grow, personally and professionally, to care for your family and to build a secure future. Depending on your position and your location, here's a look at what you might be eligible for:
- Competitive benefits, including medical, dental and vision insurance; tax-free spending accounts; same-sex domestic partner benefits; commuter benefits; and more
- A 401(k) plan and other investment opportunities
- Paid vacations, holidays and other time-off programs
- A generous discount on all Williams Sonoma Inc. brands through multiple shopping channels
- Cross-brand and cross-function career opportunities
- Discounts on nearby gyms and other local businesses
This position is not eligible for visa sponsorship.
This role is not eligible for relocation assistance.
Williams-Sonoma, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
NOTE: International candidates must hold a valid US working permit.