Your mission as a Backend Lead at Time2play:
- Take full ownership of the Backend and keep a constant overview of the software architecture and who is working on what
- Act as a consultant for the rest of your team, establishing a system that allows them to continuously develop
- Be hands-on as needed when developing software, reviewing code and brainstorming on the best approaches
- Work closely with the product team to ensure full alignment on priorities and understand the ‘what’ and ‘why’ so that together with your team you can achieve the ‘how’ in the best possible way
- Take full responsibility for quality assurance including performance for both - from a code and visual perspective - the final product should be something you’re proud of!
- Fluent in English
- 5 years+ experience developing in Wordpress
- 5 years+ experience developing in Laravel (or any other PHP framework)
- 3 years+ experience in leading a team of developers
- Experience with testing frameworks
- Experience with complex software architectures and design patterns, especially headless CMSs and REST APIs
- Experience in optimization of code
- Strong knowledge of PHP and SQL
- SEO experience
- Thorough understanding of performance optimization practices and techniques, especially API performance optimization
- Experience with high volume traffic websites
- Outcome driven
- Highly analytical approach in writing code
- Outstanding communication skills, towards technical and non-technical team members
- Experience with Cloudflare / CF Workers / AWS / DevOps
- Experience with Algolia / Elasticsearch
- Experience with ReactJS / NextJS or VueJS, TailwindCSS or CSS in general
- iGaming experience
Why work for Time2Play?
We are about to embark on an ambitious new product dedicated to reviewing the best online gambling sites. The project is Time2play.com and has a planned scope and scale never seen before in the iGaming industry.
We plan to use this as the basis of a true transformation of how consumers end up choosing their online casino or sportsbook - and prospectively many more types of products and services.
To do that, we need the best self-driven, talented, and adaptable people around us.
That’s where you come in.
What do we offer in return?
Can we list working in an amazing team with super talented and friendly people as a benefit? If we have to say it ourselves. We do have an eNPS score of 70+ sort of proving it.
In terms of other tangible benefits:
- Remote-first - we were founded as a remote company and plan to stay that way.
- An office in Malta called "Oasis" should you prefer to be in an office from time to time.
- Flexible working hours - we care about the outcome, not when you achieve it.
- Unlimited vacation - no upper limit.
- At least 2 hours of work time a week dedicated to your professional development.
- As soon as COVID allows it again: An annual company reunion in a tropical place as well as an annual team round-up in the location of your team’s choice