Position: Bench Jeweler
Reports to: Production Manager
Who We Are:
Bloodmilk Jewels is an all-female independently owned and operated Philadelphia based handmade jewelry design company focused on creating jewels inspired by Victoriana, Jungian Alchemy, Surrealism and Melancholia. Our clients satisfaction is of utmost importance to us, and we achieve this by creating detailed jewels made with precision and care. We focus on crafting jewels and selecting gemstones that provide their wearer with protection, comfort, and self-acceptance. Our leadership places great emphasis on community and building an "energy exchange" amongst local artists, crafts people and book worms which filters into our unique workplace culture. We take great pride in offering our employees a diverse, accepting, professional and safe atmosphere that fosters creative and personal development at all levels.
Who We Are Looking For:
Our fast-growing studio is looking for a full-time bench jeweler to join the team. The Bench Jeweler will work closely with Production Management to produce handmade jewels. This person must be positive, accepting, and possess a can-do attitude. And have proven experience with problem solving and creative thinking within the jewelry profession.
What You'll Get to Do:
* Wax carving and manipulation
* Cleaning up sterling silver castings
* Stone setting
* Soldering repairs and fabrication
* Prioritizing orders based on due dates and deadlines
* Continuously learn new challenging settings as a part of our dedication to monthly releases
What You'll Need to Succeed:
* Bachelor’s degree in metal-smithing is preferred.
* Ideally 1-2 years of bench jeweler production experience
* Dremel / flex shaft experience
* Wax carving and manipulation skills
* Experience with prong and bezel settings
* Team player
* Strong attention to detail
* Excellent communication skills
* Ability to work under pressure and deadlines
* Willingness to take direction and criticism
* Desire to excel and grow within an evolving company
* Ability to work both independently with minimal supervision and as a team
* Efficient time management and ability to multitask
* Willingness to embrace repetition
Working at Bloodmilk:
We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth. While we are small, the company is experiencing tremendous growth and evolution creating limitless opportunities for advancement and development in a multitude of areas. In addition to a competitive salary, we offer a comprehensive benefits plan including health, dental, and vision insurance, generous employee discount, PTO, 401k and a commitment to work/life balance.
Bloodmilk Jewels is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity at all levels. (EOE – Minorities/Females/ Protected Veterans Status/Disability Status/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity)
NOTE: International candidates must hold a valid US working permit.