Are you a Branding & Packaging Designer looking to develop products that help children express their creativity, while working with the most creative, welcoming and inspiring team members throughout the process? Then join us at Horizon Group USA! Our rapidly growing team designs products like: Paint Your Own Dinosaur Wall Art, Design Your Own Crystal Growing Unicorn and Create Your Own Rainbow Pop SLIMYGLOOP®. We are looking for a dynamic, innovative, collaborative designer to join our team. Our ideal candidate is motivated, extremely detail-oriented, open to learning from fellow creatives and loves to push the envelope with conceptual designs. Our Branding & Packaging Designer can easily toggle between concept development and production finalization, and is a talented and inventive problem solver. This is a wonderful opportunity to join an expanding company and grow your career within the organization.
Branding Design – Spearhead aesthetic direction for newly developed brands via logo, color scheme, photography style, fonts and packaging style guide.
Packaging Design – Design packaging for licensed brands & in-house brands, for craft & novelty products. Team member takes full ownership of design from concept stage to production finalization.
Packaging Renderings – Render packaging and planograms for presentational purposes.
Showroom Signage – Create compelling & story-telling signage to complement our product; whether it be at trade shows or right at home in our NJ showroom.
Design Trends – Stays up to date on & can easily identify current design trends. Participate in both industry & trend research & share findings with team members.
All In The Details – Has a keen eye for the small details, executes detailed packaging mechanicals. Candidate exemplifies high quality organizational & time management skills.
Team Player – Collaborate daily with cross-functional teams - Merchandising, Product Development, Sales and our HGUSA Shanghai office. This role thrives in cross-functional brainstorming sessions and artwork critiques.
- Must be proficient in Adobe Illustrator & Photoshop.
- Has prior experience working with licensed & in-house style guides.
- Must be current on & easily identify current design trends.
- Excellent sense of typography, color theory & iconography.
- Easily adapts to a wide range of design stylizations.
- Ability to work in a high energy, fast-paced environment.
- Demonstrates strong visual, written and verbal communications skills.
- Experience with photo editing.
- Open to accept constructive feedback on artwork and make necessary adjustments/improvements.
- Ability to present concepts to Creative team to ensure marketing objectives are being met.
- Positive spirit & up-beat attitude, go-getter mentality.
- Proficient in Adobe InDesign &/or Adobe Dimension.
- Photography experience.
- Background in any of the following industries: Craft, Toy, Jewelry, Apparel, Tech.
- Knowledge of production printing process.
*This role is currently primarily remote due to the pandemic. When life normalizes, we are hoping that our Branding & Packaging Designer will be able to go into the office at least a couple of days a week to create and collaborate with the rest of our team.
Please apply via website. Only applicants that include portfolios will be considered. No agencies please.