Small Planet is looking for a creative director to help us design world-class digital products and to lead and inspire product design teams, collaborate closely with our developers and product managers, build client relationships, and work with senior management to further our strategic goals.
As a UI/UX designer, you will have a sparkling portfolio of digital products, including websites and natively coded mobile applications, that have launched successfully. In addition, you will have:
- A strong aesthetic and design POV
- Fluency in Sketch, Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, Invision
- Inclination to prototype early and often, from paper to high-fidelity
- Familiarity with editing code (HTML, CSS, JS)
- Direct experience conducting and directing UX research and testing
- Knowledge of design trends and best practices
- Basic illustration skills
As a manager, you will oversee and mentor other designers on product teams, taking responsibility for the overall design output while providing opportunities for designers to learn and grow.
As a leader and strategic thinker, you will continuously seek opportunities for the design department to contribute to company practices and goals. You will identify and develop new business opportunities. Additionally, you will be active in the design community — writing, presenting, critiquing, and volunteering when possible.
- 7+ years of experience as a working digital designer
- 3+ years of experience managing teams
- Client services experience
- Ability to communicate clearly and persuasively
- Ability to frame, articulate, and defend design rationale, both internally and externally
- Extreme bias for problem-solving and action
- Experience in an Agile environment
- Familiarity with Figma, Miro, After Effects, Shopify
- Proficiency in coding
- Degree in design, or related field
- Knowledge of branding and visual identity
- Optimism, empathy, patience, humor
In addition to your resumé and portfolio link, please include a cover email letting us know why you'd be a good fit for us here at Small Planet.