COMPLEX is looking for a Creative Director to join the Branded Content department. This position will report into the Head of Branded Content.
This role will equally focus on two areas: Strategy and Creative Development. Combining strategy and creative development is crucial to creating a cohesive program.
• THE STRATEGY: Creative briefs range from budget size, objectives to specificity. A key part of your role will be to partner with the Sales team to understand the brief correctly. You will work on creative concepts; collaborating with the Strategy, Production, Experiential, Product, Social, and the Editorial team/s to craft the the best content experience.
CREATIVE DEVELOPMENT: You are responsible for building the presentation.You will use your skills and knowledge of the client to create a presentation that brings the program to life and captures the client’s attention.
• Lead a team of creatives, mentoring, inspiring and growing direct reports
• Ensure team members are immersed in culture, understand COMPLEX’s voice and are familiar with COMPLEX’s content and audience
• Guide your team to closely analyze agency and client briefs (pro-active and reactive)
• Develop unique, culturally relevant ideas for video, editorial, social, experiential activations and more
• Advise the team on developing clear creative visions for each pitch, program and other projects to communicate and advocate their vision with our external clients as well as internal clients
• Create a positive, collaborative, supportive culture by being solution-oriented, and encouraging accountability and respect
• Work in tandem with peers within the Branded Partnership Studios group to create cohesive structure and process
• Assist the team achieve creative excellence and unprecedented levels of output within a very demanding, revenue-driven organization
• Aid the team translating their concepts that effectively communicate the ideas, and show how those concepts support the brief as well as engage and inspire COMPLEX’s audience
• Lead your direct reports to maximum collaboration, ingenuity, and accountability:
• • Partner with the strategy and the sales team to ensure the idea puts COMPLEX in the strongest position to win the business
• • Ideate with the design team to develop art direction and visual identities
• • Work closely with production to make sure they understand how each idea will be brought to life and the cost implications of each creative decision
• Ensure the quality and timeliness of your team’s pitch submissions
• Help your team prioritize and juggle pitching alongside post-sale production responsibilities
• Oversee the execution of your team’s sold creative concepts and programs, ensuring the highest quality creative output delivered within deadline and on budget
• Guide creatives through the production process including pre, production and post
• Balance client and audience needs to ensure their experience will succeed with our audience to meet client KPIs
• Ensure your team is fully involved in productions, while also balancing pre-sale pitch needs
• 8+ years experience spanning editorial, design, agency, film, events, publishing, client, branded content
• Strong understanding and experience in the production process (pre/production/post) and experience working closely with directors, producers, designers, art directors and more
• A history working with brands and leading creative teams to create successful, culturally relevant content
• Deep knowledge and interest in digital media, social media, content & technology
• Strong grasp of brand strategy
• Long and short copy and scriptwriting ability
• Good presentation skills
• Help in pitching new business
• Keynote/PPT expertise
• Knowledge of Adobe, Final Cut Pro, Premiere Pro are a plus
• Passion, positivity, self-motivation, perseverance
• A sense of humor
WHO YOU ARE:
• Think outside the box -- you know that a deck isn’t always the best way to tell a product’s story
• You operate well in ambiguity -- you thrive in changing environments
• You love to collaborate -- you work well across teams and functions
• You are solutions-oriented -- you face a challenge and see solutions, not just problems
• You are a foodie!
***You MUST submit a link to your portfolio to be considered.
Complex Networks offers an awesome casual work environment with a great team of smart, motivated, innovative and fun people. And our benefits are pretty good as well, including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, short/long term disability, generous time off and a 401k match! We hold tons of events throughout the year including happy hours and team building activities.