BBC International LLC is an established leader in the footwear industry specializing in sourcing, design, and technology for branded, licensed, and in-house owned brands of footwear. We are currently seeking a dynamic and visionary Design Director to oversee and lead a team of passionate footwear designers. As a Design Director, you will be responsible for leading the design strategy and guide the footwear range to be executed at a premium level to ensure commercial success.
The primary function of this full-time role includes but are not limited to:
• Lead, drive and develop trend forecasting conceptualization, design development and production of seasonal lines of footwear.
• Lead development of product designs including trend boards, color & creative concept, design, tech pack process, seasonal sales sampling and all the way through to production licensor submission approvals.
• Be the lead on prioritization of current and seasonal initiatives to meet corporate calendar dates including the management of additional company designers.
• Collaborate and oversee and implement product development strategies, objectives, and initiatives.
• Lead the creation and research of innovative shoe design to meet all requirements of the licensor while enticing retailers to buy our products.
• Represent Design interactions with Costing, Merchandising, Sales & Licensor
• Make product presentations to licensors utilizing strong presentational skills to propose ideation. Also deliver and present trend-right consumer centric product lines to licensor that feature market-leading innovation and great price/value.
• Create development calendars that align with licensor, company needs and manage to those calendars to stay on track or ahead of schedule.
• Collaborate effectively with colleagues and drive core leadership qualities that match the values of the organization.
• As the brand grows manage, coach, train, and motivate the design team to optimize performance.
• Travel (International and Domestic) is required.
• Other job functions as assigned by Senior Management.
• Bachelor’s degree education level required.
• Minimum 7 to 10 years of proven practical experience of branded footwear design experience and knowledge. A well-diversified footwear portfolio showcase is required when applying.
• Extensive Skate Lifestyle footwear knowledge and experience a MUST.
• A strong Skate lifestyle sense and ability to interpret trends.
• Extensive knowledge of market trends and is passionate about footwear.
• Strong project management skills, with the ability to prioritize tasks, manage deadlines, and handle multiple projects simultaneously.
• Proactive and a forward-thinking mindset
• Excellent interpersonal, communication, and leadership skills with the ability to interact with a diverse group at all levels.
• Effective organizational skills with strong attention to detail and follow-up
• Motivation, solid time management and organizational skills
• A collaborative nature with great initiative
• Expert at Illustrator and Photoshop.
• Thrive working within a dynamic, high-performing, and fast-paced environment.
• A leader who can teach and mentor a team.
• Medical, Dental, Vision, Life and Short-Term Disability (100% Employer covered)
• 401K and company match
• Voluntary Benefits
• Flexible Spending Accounts
• Paid Time Off - Vacation, sick and personal time