Affinity Creative Group is looking for an exceptionally talented, experienced packaging design director to join our branding and packaging design team. We are a tight-knit group of passionate creatives seeking a confident, inspired individual who values collaboration, thinks strategically, and meets client objectives with fresh, idea-driven solutions that have a high level of polish. Our projects range from refreshing major national brands, to developing break-through new brand concepts
The right candidate will have 7+ years of experience designing consumer packaging in premium and luxury categories. Alcoholic beverage category experience is a plus. A positive, can-do attitude, adherence to project schedules and budgets, a clear and positive communication style and presentation skills are all prerequisites for this important position.
Essential Skills and Experience
• At least 7+ years of experience in high-end packaging consultancies working on a variety of premium and luxury branding projects
• Ability to interpret business needs and client briefs and turn them into clear, compelling, and inspiring creative solutions.
• Be a strong communicator – both verbally and written – especially when it comes to relaying creative ideas and concepts to colleagues and clients.
• Author and lead persuasive client presentations, as well as internal brainstorming sessions and crits, navigating feedback and being comfortable answering questions with thoughtfulness.
• Ability to oversee projects from start to finish, keeping to deadlines, interacting with clients, and coordinating with internal teams.
• An understanding of consumer behavior as well as ability to understand complex client issues
• Working with strategists to develop strategic design solutions
• An exceptional eye for detail and outstanding typographic skills
• Excellent style and design sensibilities
• Strong sketching and ideation skills
• Thorough knowledge and understanding of printing embellishments
• Expert level skills in Adobe Illustrator and Photoshop
• Ability to work under tight deadlines and schedules
• Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously
• Highly detail oriented
• Thrives on design challenges and taking creativity to the next level
• Understand the importance of meeting client objectives while achieving award-winning creative work
Please email resume and brief cover letter, as well as portfolio information. (note, please no phone calls. We will review all potential candidates and respond via email)