As our Design Director you will lead small teams to deliver work throughout all stages of the creative process; immersion, creative strategy, expression and implementation. Working alongside our Creative Director, you will be in charge of building iconic brand identities, experiences, and content for a wide range of clients.
You know how to work with people to get the best out of them and maintain a positive culture. You are a compelling storyteller and a brilliant designer and art director. You are flexible and willing to direct the development of concepts across strategy, copy, design, photography, and motion graphics - inspiring others to think laterally to evolve original ideas.
You encourage cutting-edge creativity and motivate your colleagues to go beyond current trends. You enjoy interacting, presenting, and workshopping with clients. You’re confident and can develop positive, natural relationships.
• Help clients define and solve complex communication problems through an overarching design strategy.
• Work with the creative director to set the creative vision for projects, and maintain a high level of design craft and detail through project completion.
• Guide internal designers and clients towards innovative design solutions using your persuasive leadership skills, clear communication, and comprehensive knowledge of branding.
• Developing talent hiring, training, reviewing, and managing the ongoing development of the creative team. Providing direction and insight to the partners with regards to team performance and needs.
• Briefing / directing / collaborating with brand strategists and writers.
• Assessing and engaging with outside creative partners, and briefing illustrators and photographers.
• Curious. Positive. Rigorous. Focused. Ambitious. Autonomous.
• Decisive when it comes to major creative choices.
• Equal parts creative & strategic.
• Tuned into contemporary culture: fashion, design, photography, architecture, technology, arts, sustainability.
• Creatively brave – unphased by diving into an area you haven’t worked in before.
• A restless thinker with a desire to push, challenge, surprise and stretch those around you.
• Able to delegate and understand when you need help and assistance.
• Excellent presenter, writer, and communicator able to construct a strong and persuasive argument with both logic and creative enthusiasm.
• Able to juggle several tasks with ease, prioritize work streams, delegate effectively, and meet deadlines. Strong organizational skills and a calm demeanor.
• Able to plan, articulate, and deliver comprehensive brand guidelines.
• Big picture thinker: always thinking beyond the brief and scope of work. Proactively proposing content ideas and brand activations.
QUALIFICATIONS / EXPERIENCE
• You have a Bachelor's degree or MFA in graphic design/ visual communication/ media arts.
• Most likely you’ll have 8+ years of experience
• You’ve worked at some of the best creative agencies in the world.
• You have an inspiring portfolio demonstrating versatility, experimentation, system thinking, and creative energy on significant brand projects recognized as excellent within the industry.
• You have managed/ directed photo content creation (shot-lists, casting, styling, post-production).