The Design Engineer will be responsible for carrying out many of the duties of the Design Department to include design, development of construction documents, creation of bills of material and process improvement. Initially the candidate will focus on transition of approved conceptual designs to construction documents and water-jet cut files. The successful candidate will report directly to the Lead Designer and collaborate with the design team and the assembly/fabrication teams on design projects.
• Use of SolidWorks to produce clear and concise 3D drawings of products from conceptual designs for metal cutting and product production
• Specify hardware and create a comprehensive, detailed bill of materials for each project
• Close coordination with the design department and assembly/fabrication teams
• Coordination with Lead Designer to develop production schedules and cost estimates
• Demonstrable in-depth knowledge and experience in SolidWorks is a MUST
• Bachelor’s Degree in Industrial Design, Mechanical Engineering or related field
• 2+ years’ experience in mechanical design
• Extensive knowledge of metal fabrication processes
• Understanding of current metal cutting technology
• Experience with woodworking and wood/metal finishing is a plus
• Enthusiastic, positive attitude and a willingness to learn
• Impeccable attention to detail and effective time management skills
• Ability to work independently as well as in a team environment
• Ability to plan, schedule, coordinate and problem solve effectively
This position primarily works in a shop environment. This position is occasionally required to bend, stoop, crouch, reach, and lift up to 60 lbs. May be required to stand on feet for lengthy periods of time. This position may be exposed to exhaust fumes or other airborne particles.