Pilot is a design and technology concept lab that specializes in the invention of software and solutions that re-imagine how people will live, work and play. With studios in Seattle and London, we are a growing team of designers and engineers unified by a passion for generating impact through smart design.
Our clients are as diverse and exciting as the endeavors we collaborate on. We have helped envision, shape, and deliver groundbreaking user and brand experiences for Autodesk, Delta Air Lines, eBay, Gates Foundation, Gates Ventures, Hilton Hotels, Microsoft, Pearson, Pivotal Ventures, Skype, Spotify, Xbox, Zumiez, and others. Our lab model provides a new approach to innovation and rapid concept development. We consult, we team-up in joint ventures, and we incubate the things we can’t live without. Ultimately, we are as excited about shipping our own products and digital experiences as we are about helping clients deliver theirs.
We’re looking for a seasoned hands-on designer and project lead with a world-class portfolio who is excited to help make great ideas into real solutions. You should share our passion for solving complex user experience problems across a wide range of scenarios and screen types. Problem solving through design will be the main focus, and you should feel comfortable moving between both visual and interaction design on projects as a lead designer, working with other team members and clients to deliver. This is a fluid role in a highly collaborative environment where self-starters and curious learners will thrive. The spectrum of responsibilities includes everything from mood-boards, branding, typography, color, visual design vignettes, mental models, UX flows, IA, and motion storyboards. You’ll work shoulder-to-shoulder with a team of world-class designers and engineers on a variety of consultative engagements and internal software incubations.
Pilot is built on a foundation of curiosity, trust, and bold ambition. We collaborate with clients and organizations that value diversity, we aim to foster a community where employees can be their true selves, and we welcome applicants from all different backgrounds.
We have big plans; get in touch if you’re ready to help chart the future.
• Work closely with creative directors to help lead projects and resources in an iterative environment
• Maintain/curate a constant library of design inspiration
• Understand project and business requirements and assist with project planning
• Help develop design approach and set visual direction
• Work closely with interaction designers to create UX models, user flows and wireframes
• Bring world-class expertise and opinion regarding typography, color, grid, brand, imagery, and storytelling
• Build upon IA/UI efforts to provide design vignettes, detailed designs and production-ready assets
• Hone solutions with a constant consideration for interaction, transition and motion
• Work with engineering to problem solve, iterate, tweak and deliver to perfection
• Help to develop and evolve design processes and tools
• Outstanding portfolio
• 6+ years of experience delivering outstanding results in complex modern work environments
• An undying passion for great design and a meticulous attention to detail
• Demonstrated communication, collaboration and presentation skills
• Ability to solve a variety of problems across a diverse range of project types (i.e. consumer, business, etc.)
• Experience shipping software or digital solutions
• Experience with modern design tools – Figma, Sketch, Miro
• Expertise with Adobe software - specifically Photoshop, Illustrator, and InDesign
• Experience with After Effects is a plus
• BA/BS in design
Please include a link to your portfolio.