Are you interested in working on cutting edge solutions aiming to help save lives? Are you passionate for user-centered design and great user experience? Are you also able to lead, and make people want to follow you? You could be our new Design Manager!
Laerdal Medical is an international market leader in training and therapy solutions for emergency medicine and critical care. Our products and services are used by hospitals, ambulance services, first aid organizations, educational institutions and others, around the world. We are a dynamic and energetic organization consisting of people from a wide variety of cultures and backgrounds. By 2020, we have a goal of helping save 500,000 more lives. Every year.
As a Design Manager at Laerdal, you will work in the intersection of education and healthcare, designing integrated physical products, digital products and services. You will lead design processes starting with user and market analysis, ideation and concept development, design refinements to final product testing and implementation. Everything we do happens in close loops with our users: Nurses, paramedics, doctors, medical instructors and others. You will work in an energetic and cross disciplinary team and have a solid and award-winning design group.
As a Design Manager, you will:
• Initiate, scope and coordinate the design activities conducted in the Patient Care teams.
• Mentor designers from various design disciplines to work coherently and collaboratively.
• Build trust with our strategic alliances; organize high-level discussions and workshops with partners.
• Facilitate the process of setting strategy and goals for the Patient Care Business Unit, based on design thinking.
• Support and train multidisciplinary team members in applying design thinking.
You are an enthusiastic and experienced Design Manager. You have the design process as an integral part of everything you do, and you are able to engage others in your methods. You have:
• 5+ years of relevant work experience.
• Proven leadership skills (preferably 3+ years in a management or leadership role in a creative team).
• Track record of designing and implementing multiple successful product and/or service systems.
• Master’s degree within a relevant design discipline.
• Preferably experiences in the health care or education sector.
• Confidence in taking initiative and accountability.
• Fluency in English, written and spoken.
• Flexibility to travel globally around 20% of the time.