Substack is looking for a Partner Manager for Design Services to help the company remove barriers so writers can go independent and do their best work.
As a Partner Manager for Design Services, you will assemble a diverse roster of freelance designers and other creative professionals, help independent writers on Substack find freelance designers to work with, and help optimize processes so that we can scale our impact to serve even more writers.
You’ll expand our Design Services pilot program so that more writers can develop a brand identity for their publication by creating meaningful collaborations with independent designers and studios. You will report to Substack’s Head of Services. You’ll work closely with multiple members of the Partnerships team and the writers they serve.
This individual must thrive in a fast-paced environment with the ability to juggle many conversations with writers, designers, and fellow teammates. This position is remote within US/Canada (ideally based in San Francisco or NYC).
- Assemble a diverse roster with dozens of independent brand designers, illustrators, and other creative professionals who can work with writers on Substack
- Assist independent writers in connecting with independent designers
- Create a feedback loop to understand how to maximize success with these design services
- Establish guidelines that equip independent design partners with what they need to help writers succeed on Substack
- Support the Services team to optimize processes and improve tracking systems so that we can scale up to serve as many writers as possible
- Coach independent design partners on how they might expand their creative businesses by working with writers who are building their own independent businesses on Substack
- 5+ years of experience in the creative industry (e.g. art direction, production, design, account management)
- Clear, friendly and succinct written and verbal communication skills
- Proven ability to listen closely, assess people’s needs, serve clients, and nurture relationships
- Experience working with a wide network of creative professionals across skill sets, locations, and categories
- A developed design sense and broad familiarity with different creative practices and styles
- Drive to create templates, track progress, and improve processes while executing on the work
- Positive, driven, and energetic team player; able to roll-up their sleeves to get the job done
Please share your resume and a short cover letter through the Substack jobs page via Lever.