Great products are born out of great research. Our Design Researchers lead West’s R&D and marketing teams through a journey of human-centered research to discover insights into a successful patient experience of wearable and injectable drug delivery systems. This role will collaborate with cross-functional R&D teams to bring a relentless passion and empathy to ensuring that new product development efforts remain firmly grounded in user needs. She/he will lead and support day to day project management, translate research findings into insights reports and present user-centric strategies to stakeholders and senior leaders.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Create and support insights reports and effectively communicate results to R&D teams and stakeholders
• Contribute to the design, execution, and reporting on usability research at various stages of product development
• Assist in defining user needs, translating those needs into measurable specifications, and completing heuristic reviews of device user-interfaces.
• Support day to day project management for design/market research studies including recruiting participants, tracking project milestones, deliverables and process improvements
• Manage outside research partners from initial RFPs, project management, budgeting and final deliverables
• Support senior members of the team in writing and executing generative and evaluative research protocols, analyzing research insights and data, and writing test reports.
• Moderate interviews with research participants and provide detailed notetaking during usability testing sessions.
• Other duties as assigned
• Bachelor’s degree in a social science (psychology, anthropology, sociology) specifically for physical products or equivalent.
• Social science Masters degree with a degree in a science, mathematics (statistics, mathematics, behavioral economics), or human factors or English discipline is preferred.
• Minimum 5 years of experience in design or market research.
• Experience in healthcare industry required
Preferred Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Have thorough understanding of healthcare industry
• Ability to analyze data using various statistical methodologies using statistical software (excel, SPSS, R)
• Experience designing and leading formative usability studies
• Have experience conducting qualitative research methodologies used in the social sciences – (at least 3 years of experience in moderating interviews)
• Have experience designing surveys – (at least 4 year of experience designing surveys)
• Advanced skills in Microsoft office products (excel, word, PowerPoint)
• Self-motivated and able to manage multiple projects
• Able to be aware of all relevant SOPs as per Company policy as they are related to the position covered by this Job Description
• Support and contribute in Lean Sigma programs and activities towards delivery of the set target
• Able to comply with the company’s safety and quality policies at all times
Must be able to travel 10-20% of the time