Our San Francisco studio is seeking talented candidates for an open position on the Strategy team. We are looking for candidates with a strong talent for understanding consumer culture, identifying business / brand opportunities in crowded markets, and helping leaders seize those opportunities.
An ideal candidate doesn’t just have a passion for design or an interest in business outcomes; the ideal candidate has a passion for people and understands how to align with what those people are all about through brands, businesses, products, and services.
Candidates should possess strong listening, writing and communication skills as well as an attention to detail, and a comfort presenting and defending their ideas with others. Strategists are an integral part of each program and contribute throughout the discovery, design and development process.
A background in anthropology, sociology, psychology, or design is preferred, but not required. A business background or creative agency experience is not required, but could be a plus.
• Perform trends research (consumer, market, industry, design, competitive, etc.), synthesize these into relevant themes and opportunities, and share out with teams
• Help to identify salient opportunities for design to connect with people via businesses, brands, messaging, products, and services
• Support design brief and / or brand strategy development (target audience definition, product definition, positioning statements, values, design principles, personality traits, messaging, etc.) and work across design disciplines to bring these to life visually, verbally, and physically
• Support workshops with internal teams, clients, and 3rd party agencies
• Coordinate (and potentially run) primary research (qualitative and quantitative) in conjunction with the internal UX team as needed
• Expert listener
• Detailed researcher
• Compelling communicator
• Creative problem solver, thinker and writer
• BS/BA/BFA degree in anthropology, sociology, psychology, journalism, design, or business administration
• 1-2 years of agency or business experience is a plus
• Experience with presentation software (Keynote or PowerPoint)
• Basic understanding of Adobe creative suite a plus
Please send your resume, portfolio, and/or work samples (if applicable) in an email entitled “Design Strategist” to email@example.com.