Design Thinking Innovation Lead – Physical Environment
We have an immediate need for a Design Thinking Innovation Lead - Physical Environment. This is a full-time, client-facing role leading a portfolio of innovation projects that seek to address changes in physical retail environments required to support the next generation of consumers. As part of a multidisciplinary team, you will tackle all aspects of the design process from defining user research methodologies, physical and/or digital prototyping and documentation of learnings and principles. You must be responsive, flexible, and able to succeed within a cross-functional and collaborative environment. The ideal candidate for this position will be at ease combining business strategy with design methodologies to transform ideas into innovative designs and experiences.
Sound interesting? If you have relevant work experience, the appropriate qualifications, and a strong desire to utilize your skills and experience working with a great team at this top innovative Atlanta-based brand, we encourage you to apply NOW.
This is a 12-month consulting opportunity located near the Atlanta airport.
Summary of Key Skills and Responsibilities:
• Displays a strong practical knowledge of user-centered design and the design thinking process
- Empathizes with customers to discover pain points and unmet needs
- Synthesizes customer and other research to develop key insights
- Brainstorms ideas and develops high impact concepts and business opportunities
• Skilled throughout all phases of a project, from translating verbal ideas into visual concepts, through design development and refinement, to creating/reviewing production-ready drawings
• Provides design support for vendors and contractors during production and installation
• Experienced in creating and managing both low and high-fidelity design deliverables for testing, preferably in both physical and digital areas
• Experienced in testing designs with customers to validate solutions
• Ensures the accuracy of documents and design solutions that get installed in the field
• Assists vendors during design development and prototyping
• Ready to pitch-in on tasks, big or small
• Sets up meetings / conference calls, drafting agendas, simulation set up and tear down
• Prioritizes work and utilizes time management tools to stay on track and meet deadlines
• Can document learnings, create guidelines and assist in developing design criteria
• Gathers information for project team to make decisions and / or communicate updates
• Documents decisions and next steps for the team
• Excellent verbal and visual presentation skills
• Develop briefs after each test that include the what, why, how and key takeaways
• Partners with Project Manager to create, communicate and maintain project schedules
• Anticipates and adjusts for problems and roadblocks
• Works best in a participatory, team-based environment
• Able to manage competing priorities with a high level of organization and attention to detail
• Enjoys creative problem-solving in a rapidly changing environment
• Demonstrates a clear point of view relating to the design. Understands the value of design and brand within a business context
• Experienced in concept ideation, design research/strategy, and prototyping, and a curiosity for learning and experimenting with new methods of designing
• Ready to learn from failure and then iterate to learn faster. Takes chances without being afraid to fail and learn along the way
• Flexible and proactive
• Experience designing customer facing products (both digital and physical)
• Experience working in corporate environments and in corporate teams
• Organization effectiveness - quick study on organization dynamics and leveraging interpersonal skills to prioritize and get things done
• Proven track record of success in managing projects, initiatives, and a team of consultants /contractors
• 5+ years of experience with service design, design thinking, or customer experience strategy
• Experience in a traditional design discipline (Architecture, Industrial Design, Graphic Design, Interaction Design)
• Extensive experience prototyping and testing concepts with consumers
• Candidate should have relevant industry experience for B2C customer-focused implementations
• Strong computer skills with proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite, Adobe Suite, AutoCAD, Revit, Sketch-Up, InDesign, etc.
• Minimum: Bachelor's Degree in Environmental Design, Experience Design, Service Design, User Experience Design, etc.
About Stratfield Consulting
We started Stratfield Consulting with the belief that companies are looking for a more reliable consulting firm to deliver an expanding list of projects. Our objective is to be the most trusted consulting firm for our clients.
We are very proud of the people that we invite into our firm. Our people are:
• Experienced consultants - Smart problem solvers.
• Easy to work with - Friendly, modest, and humble.
• Earnest - We care enough to do the extra work to ensure project success.
• Engaged - 100% committed to project success. We believe that our clients come first.
Full-time, long term contract opportunity located near the Atlanta airport.
Please forward cover letter and resume to:
Talent Acquisition Specialist
**Please, NO phone calls or third-party recruiting agency submittals or inquiries.
NOTE: International candidates must hold a valid US working permit.