Chilewich is seeking a design lover with an entrepreneurial spirit and a deep passion for how things are made to join our team as Design & Product Development Coordinator.
In this role, you’ll take ownership of the entire Chilewich product development process, including research, sourcing, sampling, costing, and establishing production quality standards for each product. Working closely with our suppliers and our own factory team, you’ll establish the most optimal, feasible, efficient, and cost-effective way to transition from final design prototypes into established high-quality products that will be sold through our commercial distribution channels.
You will be responsible for creating the product development and sample calendars, ensuring that all necessary samples of our new designs are received in a timely fashion. In troubleshooting with our design, production, and manufacturing teams, you will identify and overcome obstacles with inventive and practical solutions.
You are a listener and a fast learner, with the skills necessary to assist and train others in quality control. You will be a vital member of our design team in our NYC studio. An important voice in evaluating the viability of new ideas, you will also be integral to the process of building seasonal products and collections from start to finish.
Respecting the roles and responsibilities of your co-workers and collaborators, you’ll approach your work with a team spirit and a sense of humor.
• Responsible for all product development
• Manage master design/product development and sample deadline calendars
• Create and maintain detailed spec sheets for each SKU in development
• Communicate, coordinate, and troubleshoot with our sales team, designers, suppliers, production team, and our own factory to ensure that design standards are met
• Work closely with our manufacturing staff to ensure products are tested and conform to all regulatory and manufacturing requirements.
• Ensure timely delivery of prototypes and samples
• Develop costing for each new product with a clear understanding and experience in building COG and margin worksheets and analysis
• Source and research new suppliers with confidence and personality
• Use creative problem-solving to meet challenges with product development and deliveries
• Invoice maintenance
• Communicate with sales, marketing, and warehouse production teams on evolving and changing timeline for samples
• Bachelor’s degree
• At least 3-5 years of product development or production experience in manufacturing, preferably in home/interiors, fashion, textiles, or industrial design
• Intermediate to advanced computer proficiency, particularly in Excel and Adobe Creative Suite
• Excellent mathematical skills, with a thorough understanding of building COG and margin analyses reporting
• Detail-oriented, producing work that has been triple-checked for accuracy
• Confidently asks questions to gain a thorough understanding of what is required
• Experience in and appreciation of creativity and inventiveness
• To apply for this position, please email your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
To apply, please send your cover letter and resume to email@example.com
NOTE: International candidates must hold a valid US working permit.