As part of the design team you will generate ideas and turn them into solid concepts that engage and delight the consumer with meaningful experiences that deepen their connection and interactions with their pets. You will deliver the complete experience, ensuring that the needs of both the development team and the marketing team are met, and the brand is accurately represented.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
• Bachelor’s Degree in Industrial Design or related design degree.
• Relevant product design experience in consumer products.
• Ability to convert high-level concepts into total product offerings with well thought out features and functions, via sketches, renderings, models, CAD, etc.
• Strong, developed sense of creativity, foresight and thoughtful design.
• Solid base of core design principles and a keen eye for “good design”.
• Working knowledge of the Adobe creative suite as well as CAD.
• Strong sketching skills and ability to communicate ideas visually to others.
• Critical thinking and sound judgment to anticipate and solve problems.
• High attention to detail, aesthetics, and a focus on delivering exceptional consumer experiences.
• Ability to work on a broad range of creative projects and assignments while being results oriented.
• Plan effectively and work autonomously, with flexibility to shift course and iterate within tight time frames.
• Partner effectively with cross-functional teams within a collaborative environment.
• Strong written, visual and oral communication skills.
• Own and manage all design details of given projects, including concepting, reviews, schedule, approvals, etc.
• Demonstrate keen sense of design, critical thinking, and problem-solving skills.
• Experiment, explore, ideate and prototype to create and refine concepts.
• Solicit cross-functional input and team collaboration on given projects.
• Integrate consumer insights and marketing needs into final design solutions.
• Be inquisitive and keep informed with competitive trends and the marketplace.
• Leverage internal and external resources and demonstrate ability to manage multiple projects and assignments.
• Ensure feasibility of design executions and that projects meets cost, reliability, schedule, and specifications.
• Display passion & enthusiasm for making compelling experiences for consumers and their pets.
NOTE: International candidates must hold a valid US working permit.