Armada is a full service furniture design and manufacturing studio based out of the Brooklyn Navy Yard. We focus on providing custom furniture solutions for NYC interior designers and architects along with providing a standard product catalog. Our aim is to deliver the highest quality products for our clients by integrating a strong understanding of traditional wood and metal joinery with modern manufacturing techniques and process.
About the Job:
Armada is looking for a Designer / Project manager to join our team at our Brooklyn studio. In this position he/she will work alongside the partners directly with clients to realize custom furniture and interior projects from initial conception to final delivery. This includes providing quotes for projects, working independently and with our design team to produce client drawings, producing fabrication drawings, and coordinating with vendors and material suppliers for project needs. We are a small company and value individuals comfortable with departmental cross-over. The ideal candidate has experience in the field of furniture and interior design as well as a familiarity with fabrication processes in solid wood, engineered wood, and metal.
● Bachelor’s degree in Industrial Design, Interior Design, Architecture, or a related field
● 3+ years experience in Industrial design or Interior design industry
● Proficiency in Rhino or Solidworks a must, AutoCAD, Illustrator, Photoshop, Google Suite
● Proficiency in RhinoCam a plus
● Experience managing design and production schedules and deliverables
● Experience managing suppliers and subcontracted vendors
● Ability to produce detailed and organized shop drawings
● Willingness to learn to learn new processes and techniques
● Able to coordinate multiple projects at once
Please submit your resume and portfolio to Hello@Armadany.com with the subject “Designer / Project Manager”. This is a full time position. Compensation will be hourly, rate determined by experience and qualifications.
NOTE: International candidates must hold a valid US working permit.