Digital Media Arts, Assistant (Tenure-Track) Professor R20089
Salary: Depends on Qualifications
Location: Bellevue WA, WA
Job Type: Full Time
Division: Academic Affairs
Job Number: R20089
Job Status: Full-Time Represented Tenure-Track
The Digital Media Arts(DMA) program seeks a dedicated, experienced, and motivated individual to provide leadership, engagement, and discipline expertise in continuing to move the program forward in innovative ways.
The selected candidate will perform duties and functions under the direction of the Associate Vice President of Academic Affairs and will be directly responsible to the Division Dean of the Institute for Business and Information Technology.
This position is represented by the Bellevue College Association of Higher Education (BCAHE) union.
COMPREHENSIVE WAGE AND BENEFIT PACKAGE Annual salary is based on a 176-day contract with a minimum of $66,580.43 ; beginning salary will be determined by the assessment of the candidate's education and related experience. New hires cannot be placed above $71,390.63 unless exceptional circumstances prevail.We offer comprehensive compensation package with salary and benefits as the main components. Generous benefits package is offered through Washington State plans that includes multiple medical, dental, life and disability coverage choices for employees and dependents; choices of retirement and deferred compensation plans; personal leave; temporary housing; transit program, reduced tuition, employee discounts and memberships, etc. For more details about Bellevue College's excellent employee benefits, please visit the Benefits section, next to theDescription section.
ABOUT THE COLLEGE Bellevue College is a diverse student-centered, comprehensive and innovative college, committed to teaching excellence that advances the life-long educational development of its students while strengthening the economic, social and cultural life of its diverse community. Bellevue College is located just 10 miles east of Seattle where we serve a student population of over 44% students of color and over 1,100 international students. The college promotes student success by providing high-quality, flexible, accessible educational programs and services; advancing pluralism, inclusion and global awareness; and acting as a catalyst and collaborator for a vibrant region.We strive to create a vibrant and inclusive campus community that supports a diverse student body, faculty and staff. As an essential part of our http://www.bellevuecollege.edu/futurevision/core-themes/, diversity, equity and pluralism are promoted and fostered in all aspects of college life. By enriching student life through leadership opportunities, personal learning and cultural experiences, we are committed to building an inclusive and diverse campus community that fosters creativity, innovation and student success.
ABOUT THE DEPARTMENT
The Institute for Business and Information Technology (IBIT) encompasses both Instructional and Professional/Technical degree and certificate options crossing multiple program areas. IBIT serves a diverse student population which has wide-ranging interests focusing on academic preparation to career progression and encompassing high-school students to adult learners. This often provides for and creates a rich course participant experience, though can often also add to the demands for successful course outcomes.
Professional/Technical programs often experience a wide range of student abilities from at-risk to advanced, along with sometimes shortened cycles of impact with students due to either completion of certificates or the securing of employment during the program. This places additional demands and pressures on faculty in these programs while also adding significant value to students by way of opportunity creation for them in challenging economic times.
The Digital Media Arts (DMA) program is one of five professional-technical programs within the institute and offers an Associate's degree featuring student-selected concentrations. Students are prepared for entry-level positions in graphic design, game design, 3D art and design, video/film, UX/UI design, and motion graphics.
As a full-time faculty member in DMA, the successful candidate will demonstrate commitment to student success through teaching and learning excellence, including: directing student learning in assigned courses; establishing and assessing student learning outcomes; participating in the on-going development of program curriculum and activities; advising students and mentoring faculty; participating in college, division, and program governance and decision making; meeting accreditation requirements; serving as program chair if needed; maintaining current knowledge and skills in areas of assignment; engaging in professional development and/or certification activities; building collaborative relationships within the Bellevue College community, the program's advisory committee and the community at large; and fostering a positive, caring learning environment in which diversity and pluralism are valued.
As teaching assignments, the individual is responsible for courses that may include but are not limited to: beginning to intermediate Graphic Design and Motion Graphics, UX/UI Design, Game Design, 3D Art & Design, Video Production, Storytelling, or Project Management offered in on-campus, hybrid and online learning environments.
• Bachelor's degree from an accredited institution in a related field
• Advanced skills in at least three of the following areas: Graphic Design, Motion Graphics, UX/UI Design, Game Design, 3D Art & Design, Video Production, Storytelling, or Project Management
• 3-5 years of professional experience in at least two of the areas listed above
• Effective written and verbal communication skills
• Master's degree from an accredited institution in a related field Awareness of current industry trends in the digital media arts
• Experience with curriculum development and program management in college setting
• College level teaching experience
• Demonstrated ability to work in an inclusive manner with diverse faculty, staff, and student population.
• Awareness of teaching and learning theory, and an openness to educational innovation
SPECIAL INSTRUCTIONS FOR APPLICANTS
Applications received by 04/25/2021 will be given full consideration. Applications received after that date may be considered until the position is filled. The position will begin Fall Quarter, 2021.Assistant (Tenure-Track) Professor positions are eligible for relocation allowance. Background Check: Prior to a new hire, a background check will be conducted. Information from the background check will not necessarily preclude employment, but will be considered in determining the applicant's suitability and competence to perform in the position. How To Apply: Click on the word Apply at the top right corner of the job announcement. Individuals interested in this position are encouraged to apply. Your application must include a complete online application and all of the required documents below to be considered complete. Any application that does not provide all requested information will be considered incomplete and will not be screened for the position.
• Complete an online Application
• Attach a Cover Letter (max 2 pgs) that addresses how you meet the minimum and preferred qualifications, including teaching experiences
• Attach a Curriculum Vitae (CV)/Resume. Please include a portfolio link in CV or attach separate file(s) (less than 5MB in size) that addresses three (3) of the following areas: Graphic Design, Motion Graphics, UX/UI Design, Game Design, 3D Art & Design, Video Production, Storytelling, or Project Management.
• Attach a statement of your Teaching Philosophy (min 1 pg, max 2 pgs)
• Attach a Diversity Statement (min 1 pg, max 2 pgs) that addresses the following: Please provide specific examples of how your educational and/or professional experiences, background or philosophy demonstrate your commitment to diversity and equity, and how these prepare you to contribute to Bellevue College. Please note that your Diversity Statement must be a separate response from your Teaching Philosophy.
• Attach a copy of academic transcripts (unofficial transcripts may be submitted - official transcripts required upon employment)
To apply, visit https://apptrkr.com/2201042
Bellevue College is an equal opportunity employer committed to providing equal opportunity and nondiscrimination to applicants and employees without regard to race or ethnicity; creed; color; national origin; sex; marital status; sexual orientation; age; religion; genetic information; the presence of any sensory, mental, or physical disability; or whether a disabled or Vietnam-era veteran. Please see policy 4100 at www.bellevuecollege.edu/policies/. Applicants with disabilities who require assistance with the recruitment process may contact firstname.lastname@example.org or 425-564-2271. The following people have been designated to handle inquiries regarding non-discrimination policies: Title IX Coordinator, 425-564- 2641, Office C227, and EEOC/504 Compliance Officer, 425-564- 2178, Office R130.
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.