Digital Tech Lead
Full-Time Employee for MediaCo. Remote during COVID restrictions, but once it is safe to return to work, this person will be expected to work in the Hot97/WBLS office.
The ideal candidate will be someone that will report to the Sr Director of Digital Strategy on the Emmis Digital team to focus on digital growth for our high profile multimedia brands Hot 97 and WBLS. The candidate’s background should include a strong understanding of technology and digital innovation, in addition to exercising a high passion for the brands. Candidate has a unique skill-understanding people, and how they interact with digital media. Candidate will know what is hot in the digital world before anyone else does and help closely follow trends related to how consumers are accessing information. This role will evolve over time as digital experiences evolve. The candidate is expected to stay up to date on emerging technologies and strategies. Passion and knowledge of the hip-hop & R&B industry is an extra bonus.
- Perform ETL on large datasets
- Work with team members to QA and troubleshoot technical issues and provide screenshots, expectations/actual, IPs, and possible causes to vendors
- Implement best practices for technical SEO and work with team members to implement on-page SEO.
- Provide reports and insights on how to improve on a regular basis
- Work with teams to set Domo alerts that are meaningful and actionable.
- Be able to take raw data and create visualizations and insights using Google Data Studio, Google Sheets/Excel, and/or Domo
- Create automated workflows in Hubspot
- Project Management
- This position will help manage the website including new features, quality assurance, and bug reporting, and helping internal staff troubleshoot.
- There will be short-term projects for this position to manage directly.
- Present and educate complex ideas about our tech stack to internal staff including senior leaders.
- Works in collaboration with all departments to contribute to overall digital media campaign execution
- Work alongside the digital department and show them how to hit their goals using our tech stack
- Host ongoing, continuing education for all our teams
- Educate teams on how to use data to make actionable insights.
- Help the team execute on key metrics for growth.
- This position will help collect data, identify trends, and educate our team members on best practices.
- Provide insights on emerging media, and new digital opportunities that our brands should engage in.
- Identify new digital marketing trends and ensure that the brand is in front of the industry developments including, but not limited to:
¦ Website User Experience
¦ Advertising Operations
¦ Legal, including Accessibility, Copyright, and COPPA
¦ Social Media Algorithms including Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, TikTok, and YouTube
- Ad Hoc Responsibilities as requested
- Bachelor’s degree required. B.S. in Computer Science, Management in Information Systems (MIS), Business Intelligence (BI), or similar.
- Experience giving presentations and/or technical training required.
- Strong understanding WordPress, Google Search Algorithms, Social Algorithms/Insights.
- Experience with SEM and Paid Social is a plus.
- Experience in Customer Service, Quality Assurance, and Troubleshooting will be helpful for this role.
- Experience in Project Management and Coordination preferred
- Experience with Business Intelligence & Analytics, specifically with Google Analytics, Google Data Studio, or Domo is strongly preferred
- An organized, analytical personality with the ability to keep track of many different projects at one time
- Must be deadline driven, organized and detail oriented. Candidate should have excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Understanding and passion for Hip Hop & R&B is a huge plus
To apply: Please email resumes to Patricia Robinson– VP HR: Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Mail: Mediaco, 395 Hudson Street-7th Floor, NY, NY 10014/ Attn: Human Resources
MediaCo is an Equal Opportunity Employer