Who we are:
Hi, we’re Supergoop! Since 2005, we’ve been changing the way the world thinks about sunscreen. Today, we’re as committed as ever to creating feel-good sunscreen that you’ll really want to wear. Because protecting your skin’s health is what we’re all about.
Every. Single. Day.™Our founder, Holly Thaggard, started the company by getting SPF pumps into schools in Texas to better protect our youth in a place where play happens every day. Since then, our belief in pioneering change on the playground has never left us: Through our Ounce by Ounce® program, we continue donating SPF pumps to schools across America. Our mission is about so much more than just sunscreen.
Who You Are:
You are a digital native with deep experience in designing for eCommerce and social, who is highly skilled in all aspects of design and has a deep understanding of creative in service to business objectives. As the Director of Digital Design, you will be responsible for producing content that matches the company's brand, aesthetic, and marketing strategy, including social media graphics, website banners, and promotional artwork while considering both the beauty and functionality of the experience. In this role you will report directly to the Creative Director and collaborate closely with the Editorial and DTC teams to establish and lead design direction and execution for key campaigns.
* Align innovative, game changing creative ideas to meet business objectives and drive forward the brand strategy
* Generate original concepts for campaigns and brand moments, then flow through into style guides to enable junior team to execute against the design vision with consistency
* Ensure that Supergoop! established look-and-feel and voice is successfully implemented across all touch points
* Assist in planning photo/video shoots to shoot into content that aligns with overarching brand storytelling and product launch goals
* Manage production and post production process and timelines,
* Manage design and execution of all brand assets across all Marketing and DTC platforms, ensuring brand vision and creative direction is maintained throughout.
* Design and work with developers to create innovative, user-focused solutions for Supergoop.com that ensure best practice while keeping the look and feel of Supergoop! Branding
* Manage a team of two designers and freelancers to bring creative to life 360, grow and lead the team over time
* Bachelor’s degree in Graphic Design, Fine Arts or related field, or equivalent work experience
* 8-10 years of work experience in digital design, UX, or brand content development
* Ability to manage process and timelines independently
* Highly engaged in the beauty, direct to consumer space
* Excellent presentation skills, ability to communicate complex concepts in a straightforward manner
* Expert knowledge of digital, social, video content
* Expert knowledge of content platform current best practices, technologies and creative
* UX Experience designing beautiful and highly functional site experiences, technical
understanding to partner with developers to bring vision to life
* Experience working with IRL/Merchandising (2 and 3D) design and Motion
* Knowledge of: Photoshop, Illustrator, After Effects, Microsoft Office, Keynote, Google G-
* Experience leading/deep involvement with photo and video production
* Experience leading and managing a team of designers
Supergoop! shines bright for you and offers employees:
* Comprehensive health benefits
* Generous paid time off policy
* Fabulous employee discounts
* Company and team off-sites
Supergoop! is dedicated to hiring a diverse workplace that celebrates an inclusive culture and a sense of belonging. As an equal opportunity employer, we do not discriminate based on race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, gender expression, and sexual orientation), national origin, age, veteran status, genetic information or disability.
Health and Safety Statement:
The health and safety of you and the Supergoop! Team is important to us. Covid-19 vaccination will be required to work in our office.