• Manage budget, personnel, vendor agreements and related resources for a full-service creative operation.
• Execute the strategy and creative development of core university creative campaigns that showcase Stockton’s brand in engaging, innovative and high impact ways.
• Serve as the university’s lead brand steward and ensure a unified visual identity for the university’s print and digital publications, products and other related materials.
• Lead a department of innovative graphic designers and print shop specialists in collaboration with Stockton’s writing, digital engagement, marketing, video production and web communications teams.
• Provide high quality graphic design and quality assurance for university communications.
• Manage and maintain university digital asset portfolio including photography, graphic elements, fonts and video used across multiple platforms for core university creative campaigns.
• Work cross departmentally with University Relations and Marketing managers to prioritize digital, print and video needs for departmental requests, university initiatives and special projects.
• Develop and manage departmental efficiency in areas of graphic design and print shop operations to maintain a highly functioning creative services operation.
• Research and share best practices and emerging technologies in design and visual communication as they pertain to specific projects and objectives.
• Perform other duties as assigned by the Executive Director of University Relations & Marketing and/or Executive Vice President and Chief of Staff.
• Occasional evening and weekend work required.
• Demonstrate, through past accomplishments and actions, the ability to support Stockton University’s diversity commitment and strong student-centered vision and mission.
• The ability to support Stockton University’s diversity commitment and strong student-centered vision and mission.
• Bachelor’s degree in visual design, digital arts or a related field (equivalent professional experience will be considered. Masters preferred.
• Experience managing budget, personnel and resources including collaborative workflow systems, digital asset and client management tools
• Seven years of design experience, including design for the web and digital media
• Five years of experience managing design and print shop production
• Superior proficiency and experience with Adobe Creative Suite (especially InDesign, Illustrator and Photoshop) and Microsoft Office Suite.
• Experience in a higher education setting
• Experience leading video production projects
Salary commensurate with experience and is accompanied by an extremely competitive university benefits package.
Screening of applications begins immediately and will continue until the position is filled.
To apply please visit: https://stockton.hiretouch.com. Only electronic documents will be accepted. Please complete the on-line application in addition to providing the following required documents. All required documents must be submitted in order for your application to move forward. You may upload documents using Microsoft Word or PDF.
1. A letter of interest describing specific skills and experiences
2. A current résumé or curriculum vitae
3. A portfolio of creative work that demonstrates leadership and project management
4. A list of three professional references (included in the application): Name, Organization, Email address and Telephone
• All offers of employment are contingent upon a favorable background check.
• Individuals with disabilities desiring accommodations in the application process should contact: Sharon Hunt, Recruitment Manager at 609-652-4384.
• In accordance with the New Jersey First Act P.L. 2011 c.70, effective September 1, 2011, new public employees in certain positions are required to obtain New Jersey residency within one (1) year of employment. Applicants must meet the requirements listed.
• Prospective employees may access the Annual Security Report for the University at www.stockton.edu/campuspolice or contact the Campus Police department at 609-652-4378 to request a hard copy of the report.
• Stockton University is an equal opportunity institution encouraging a diverse pool of applicants, visit; http://www.stockton.edu/affirmative_action. Additionally, pursuant to Title IX of the Education Amendment of 1972, Stockton University prohibits discrimination on the basis of sex (i.e., which includes but is not limited to the prohibition of sexual misconduct and relationship violence, including sexual assault and harassment) in all of its educational programs and activities.
Only electronic documents will be accepted.