At Practice Fusion, we are reimagining how doctors provide care for their patients, how patients engage with their healthcare, and how a growing number of technologies will inform millions of people about their health. We believe that great design can have a massive, positive impact on healthcare, User Research team is looking for a rock star director who shares in our mission.
Our User Research team plays a critical role in delivering a clear customer perspective and generating actionable insights to drive product strategy. As the Director of User Research, your spirit and vision will elevate the team’s efforts in cultivating a user-first organization and furthering the discipline across Practice Fusion as well as within Allscripts. In close partnership with the Director of Design and Design Manager, you prioritize work, uphold a high standard of quality, and mentor the team. This position requires a strong communicator who is adept at influencing and inspiring change.
- Manage a smart and compassionate team of researchers and work very closely with the Design Team.
- Be accountable for developing the researchers individually, and as a team, connecting them to the right people and tools, and creating the operational space to execute their best work.
- Work with the team to set clear team and individual performance goals, providing feedback early and often to ensure success.
- Identify and prioritize opportunities for the research team to contribute to product and corporate strategy.
- Maintain methodological rigor, and provide guidance on research methodologies to the team and to stakeholders.
- Champion human-centered practices by implementing creative and compelling ways to share research insights across the organization.
- 3+ years proven success managing direct reports
- 8+ years experience as a Researcher
- Fluency in qualitative and/or quantitative methodologies
- Enthusiasm for identifying and highlighting the potential in people
- Strong analytical ability, conflict resolution and negotiation skills
- Experience creating lean and scalable workflows and implementing process improvements