Leading international exhibition design firm located in lower Manhattan is looking for an Exhibition Designer to join our team of diverse and dedicated creative professionals. Our practice includes high-profile projects in the United States, Europe, Asia, Africa and the Middle East. We work in collaborative teams that integrate architecture and physical exhibits with onsite experience, digital media, and online communities.
The work we do touches tens of millions of lives annually and engages the creation of physical places of community and public experience, along with the digital universe of participation that surrounds them. Our work focuses primarily on issues that engage individual, cultural, and national identities and aspirations, along with a broad spectrum of sustainability, the environment, and human development. Our door is open to exceptionally talented people who are eager to grow and contribute to an evolving field that encompasses museums, science centers, zoos, aquariums, and international expositions.
The successful candidate will have a keen interest in working in our New York City office as a key team member on world-class exhibition projects at varying scales with strong, culturally-based interpretive and experiential qualities. Experience in all phases of the design process, a penchant for working within collaborative team settings, and an interest in thinking and working out-of-the-box are essential.
- Act as designer within a multidisciplinary team and under the supervision of a project manager on one or more projects simultaneously.
- Contribute to creative design development and form-giving
- Develop designs through hand sketching, in 3D software, CAD, and Revit,
- Visualize design ideas as shaded models, physical models, or sketches
- Draft and produce drawing sets as part of a coordinated team of designers
- A minimum of 5 years of experience as exhibition designer or as designer in exhibition-related field or a professional degree in design
- Capability for creative application of design in a mixed physical-digital exhibition environment
- Experience in CAD-based design and documentation.
- Proficiency with Autodesk Revit & Rhino 3D
- Must be creative, energetic, inquisitive designer with good sketching skills and 3D spatial awareness
- Curiosity toward different subject matter is essential.
- Must be capable of working collaboratively in a multidisciplinary team, taking direction and constructive criticism from others, and maintaining tight timeframes.
- Background in exhibition, architecture, theatrical design, or industrial design.
Send resume and portfolio and/or website link to email@example.com. Please indicate that you are applying to the Exhibit Designer position. If you are not an American citizen, please indicate your visa status.
No phone calls or drop-in visits, please. No agencies or recruiters please.
Salary commensurate with experience and qualifications.
NOTE: International candidates must hold a valid US working permit.