HS Design (HSD) is seeking exceptionally talented Entry to Mid Level Designers to join its award-winning design team focused on envisioning the future of medical and healthcare products.
HSD is a user-centered design firm specializing in Medical and Digital Health products and user interface design. At HSD, we integrate our insight, experience, and innovation with user needs along with client core competencies to develop products that exhibit strategic advantage in the marketplace. Our combination of Research, Human Factors Engineering, Industrial Design, UI/UX, and engineering allows us to design for diverse environments. Our implementation of manufacturing makes it a reality.
This position requires excellent design skills, a collaborative approach, and strong communication skills in order to enable HSD’s extensive cross-disciplinary team to meet the needs of our clients. As a member of the design team, you will closely work with the ID, UI/UX Team, Human Factors Engineers, Mechanical & Electrical Engineers to develop innovative and first-of-kind medical products.
Are you the perfect fit?
The ideal candidate is extremely talented and possesses a thorough understanding of the design and development process. You enjoy rising to a challenge, thinking creatively, and working through complex problems to seek a solution that is beautiful as well as usable. You are fully capable of contributing to all stages of the development process, which include product research, creative problem solving, rapid sketching, UI/UX design, 3D Solidworks modeling and surfacing, photo-realistic renderings, model making/ prototyping, and presentation graphics.
You are attentive to design details which are exhibited in your skillsets with a collaborative multidisciplinary mindset. You enjoy working in a spontaneous and creative environment on a variety of medical/healthcare products. In addition to being self-motivated, you are fun to work with and excited to develop the future of healthcare products, you are meticulous in your work and passionate about design quality. You are capable of multi-tasking and managing multiple priorities and love client interaction with high presentation skills.
At HSD, we love what we do and pride ourselves in our work-hard-play-hard mentality. We value diversity, inclusion, and equality. We seek to grow our culture with innovative and talented individuals from all over the world. If this sounds like a great match, we hope to hear from you!
• Bachelor’s degree in Industrial Design
• Excellent aesthetic and graphic sensibility
• Highly proficient in Adobe Suites (Illustrator, Photoshop, Indesign)
• Excellent rapid sketching ability (paper and digital)
• Ability to work in a collaborative group (ID, UI/UX, ME, HFE, SE, EE, and Manufacturing)
• 1-4+ years’ experience in new product development and design
• Experience in the medical industry
• Self-Motivated, pro-active thinker and with the ability to quickly conceptualize ideas.
• Passionate about Medical Design and the future of healthcare
Design Disciplinary Qualifications:
• Excellent 3D modeling and surfacing capability in Solidworks
• Strong model making skills (foam core, foam carving, 3D print refinement)
• Knowledge of manufacturing, materials, and rapid prototyping processes (DFM/DFA) preferred
• Background in UI/UX, Wireframing, and graphics
Please keep any attachments under 1mb.
NOTE: International candidates must hold a valid US working permit or ability to work towards an H1B visa.