The Environmental Designer is responsible for the development of creative concepts for a variety of events, trade show exhibits, presentations, small and large-scale brand experiences, installations, spatial transformations, and environmental designs. This is a specialized and dynamic position that will create small and large scale design solutions across
a broad range of markets, clients and accounts.
• Provide and receive art direction on all aspects of event design including set and spatial design, 2D and 3D renderings, and event builds. This will include graphic development and branding expertise.
• Lead creative on both new and existing projects while providing proactive ideas and creative solutions for driving sales.
• Work cohesively with a team of Account Executives, Project Managers, Estimators, Creative Directors and other Environmental Designers.
• Build 3D models and draw floor plans to scale as needed for both corporate and exhibit needs
• Create compelling, high renderings of physical environments to sell in ideas to clients
• Communicate with production to produce graphics and build items
• 6+ years of graphic and spatial design experience with an established experiential agency
• Exceptional design sensibility with the ability to integrate messaging, color imagery, and typography into 2D and 3D build environments.
• Must have a high-level understanding of brand activation and realization design
• 6+ years of high-level custom exhibit design experience is required
• Deep knowledge of 3Dmax, AutoCAD, form•Z, and Adobe Creative suite
• Great storyteller with both expressive and logistical communication skills
• Proficient in spatial problem solving and exhibit layout
• Proficient in drawing to scale, and familiarity with architectural construction documents including elevations, plans, shop drawings, etc.
• Ability to translate brand voice into a physical space
• Storyboards and experiential journey mapping a plus
• Visual merchandising and product placement in a retail environment a plus
• Ability to multitask efficiently
• Excellent verbal and communication skills and the ability to present and pitch across client organization
• Flexibility to work both collaboratively and independently on projects of all scales and types in a high-volume production environment
• outstanding combination of project and time management skills in a deadline driven environment
• Experience with site surveys and coordination experience with lighting and AV vendors a plus
Direct reports: none
Travel: up to 25%
Type: salaried, Full-time
6+ years exhibit design experience.
Please submit your resume and portfolio to be considered.
This role Ideally resides in Chicago (HQ), relocation is offered for this position. Working remotely is also being considered.
No phone calls or recruiters please.