Your design aesthetic is respected and called upon consistently. Your intense passion and borderline obsession for design freaks some people out. Tenacity is your mantra, learning and teaching aren’t mutually exclusive. Relatable? Keep reading.
PLEASE NOTE: This position is also open in our San Francisco studio.
About the Opportunity
We are currently seeking an Environmental Graphic Designer with a minimum of seven years’ experience working in graphic design for the built environment. The EGD at Blitz is responsible for the design of graphics, signage, wayfinding, and specialty installations for projects ranging from corporate offices to high-end retail spaces. The EGD leads all graphic design and production in coordination with the associated architectural and interior design team. We are looking for a confident and experienced designer with a history of leading projects in the built environment. The ideal candidate possesses an expertise in brand identity, print collateral, digital + user experience design, and video + motion.
At Blitz we uphold the highest standards of project delivery and professionalism, and the Environmental Graphic Designer will lead by example in all aspects of projects’ production processes. Blitz’s work is moving far beyond commercial interiors into bio-tech, higher education, international hospitality, and developer-led adaptive re-use. We are looking to expand our stellar technical design team to support this growth.
- Minimum 7 years’ professional experience with environmental graphic design in the built environment with an emphasis on signage, wayfinding, and branding.
- BA or higher degree in Graphic Design, Visual Communication, Interior Design, Industrial Design, Architecture, or similar.
- Thorough understanding of branding and design principles that relate to two- and three-dimensional design.
- Mastery of typography, layout, and color.
- Understanding of fundamental wayfinding design principles including spatial analysis, user research + testing, language + legibility, and information design.
- Expert proficiency of the Adobe Creative Suite as it relates to architectural projects, with the added ability of communicating ideas in sketches and renderings; Enscape skills a huge plus.
- Familiarity with the architectural process, including the ability to read construction documents, elevations, plans, and shop drawings. Revit experience is a major plus.
- Understanding of graphics production and fabrication techniques for both interior and exterior applications.
- Experience coordinating with fabricators and graphics vendors.
- Experience with graphics project pricing and bidding processes.
- Experience designing specialty installations and coordinating with local artists is a plus.
- Strong presentation skills; excellence in clearly communicating ideas visually and verbally to clients.
- Candidates must currently reside in, and have unrestricted authorization to work in, the United States.
- Full-time employees receive four weeks PTO (including the week between Christmas and New Years when the firm is closed).
- Nine paid holiday days.
- Flexible working hours with a 4-day work week option.
- Full medical, dental, and vision coverage.
- 401(k) with generous matching.
- Strong continuing education support on both a firm-wide and an individual basis.
The Blitz team works hard and we make sure we take time to have fun and keep learning. We support our industry through a variety of events, and enjoy being part of the design and construction community. Blitz is delighted for the attention we get through awards and press, which highlight our workplace, hospitality, bio-tech, retail, higher education, international, and ground-up portfolio. Not to mention, our parties (virtual and in-person) are awesome.
Learn more about Blitz via Instagram (we love photos), LinkedIn, and of course our website.
Email your cover letter, resume, work samples inclusive of rendering samples, studio location preference, and salary requirements in a single document in PDF format to email@example.com. No phone calls or drop-ins please.