Blair, Inc. is looking for an experienced exhibit designer to join our design team. The ideal candidate is someone who is highly creative and excited to work in the design field. The exhibit world is a fast paced industry with ever-evolving client needs, and we are looking for a candidate that thrives in this environment, who possesses a strong work ethic, a drive to learn & grow, can take ownership of a project, and follow it through from concept to completion. Our designers also generate the detail drawings that our fabricators build from, so knowledge of construction techniques is a big plus.
“Team player” is such an overused phrase at this point, but Blair, Inc. is a company whose success is built from people willing to come together, help each other out, and work towards a goal of making every project end with a happy client. Members of the design team play an important role in that by working closely with the fabrication, project management, and I&D teams to adapt designs as requirements change, build on past lessons learned, and incorporate production efficiencies with killer design.
• Create custom designs for tradeshows, museums, and corporate clients
• Coordinate internally with account managers & directly with clients from planning phases
through execution of projects
• Generate detail drawings for shop construction & client approval
• Collaborate with shop personnel during planning & construction phases
• Participate in client sales pitches
• Independently manage individual projects
• BA/BS in Exhibit Design, Industrial Design, Architecture, or related field
• 0 – 3 Years experience designing / detailing museums, tradeshows, or permanent displays
• Proficiency in AutoCAD, 3DS Max
• Proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite & Microsoft Office
• Attention to detail and maintain a high quality of work
Please send a resume & portfolio example to: