Mid to Senior Level Designer
As part of our continuing growth strategy, Dolmen would like to hear from talented designers with 3-10 years professional experience to join our creative team.
We make ideas work - We discover, develop, and deliver new products by combining innovation strategies with creative design thinking. We are an award-winning product design + R&D agency specialising in breakthrough product innovation. We partner with the world's most ambitious brands to create transformational product pipelines. Our expanding team consists of researchers, designers, and engineers as well as brand and innovation specialists - all focused on bringing new ideas to market. Our clients range from entrepreneurs to multinationals and for over 30 years, we’ve been developing award-winning new products and experiences for a diverse range of industries.
Typical day to day job activities for our designers include:
• Working with the senior creative team to interpret client requirements while developing innovative new product propositions using a range of ideation techniques.
• To be able to listen and understand clearly a brief from client and or senior team and be able to communicate and deliver high quality solutions/deliverables within a fast paced timeline.
• Developing engaging concept visuals using a combination of traditional paper and tablet-based sketching, soft modelling and high-end digital visualisation tools.
• Support or lead client presentations and project reviews and helping to maintain our high standard of customer service during all client contact.
• Following through on selected design concepts by using 3D CAD tools to develop models, proof of principle test rigs and fully working prototypes.
• Working with clients and supply chain partners to ensure design intent is maintained throughout the process as successful product concepts are transitioned through to production.
• Understanding the consultancy environment and being able to commit to deliver work on time and work closely with a team to ensure a consistent high level of work for our clients.
• Be able to manage and liaise with multiple clients on multiple projects in parallel.
• Recognised degree level qualification in Product Design and the addition of Industrial, UX or Medical Device Design would be a benefit.
• 3-10 years product development experience, preferably in a consultancy environment.
• Excellent communication skills, including verbal, written and in person.
• Ability to communicate quickly and effectively through fast, fluid sketching.
• Proficiency in the use of 2D and 3D design and visualisation software. Preferably including experience in the use of Solidworks, PTC/Creo and Keyshot, photoshop.
• Ability to work as part of a flexible, dynamic team, while taking responsibility for individual tasks.
• An enquiring mind with an analytical approach to problem solving and an ability to visualise simple solutions for complex problems.
• A solid understanding of how things work, with an obsessive desire to make things work better.
Have you got what it takes?
If you can tick these boxes, we’d love to hear from you. In return we’ll offer a fast paced but fun environment to work in, a competitive salary (in line with experience) and an opportunity to contribute to the continuing development of exciting new products. (An obsession with good coffee, bad music, surfing and bikes is not required, but might just be helpful)
Contact us today, preferably by emailing email@example.com with:
1. Clear and succinct CV
2. Examples of your best work to date in A4 pdf format.
3. Examples of your sketch work with a specific focus on concept development, ideation and concept sketch presentation