Status: Salary Exempt
FLY Racing is seeking a talented, creative and motivated Product Designer to design and develop products for FLY Racing, FLY Snow, and HWY 21 brand segments. This fulltime position will work within the Product Design team to design and develop FLY and HWY 21 products and apparel from concept through to final production.
The ideal candidate has at least 3 years of experience in product design, product development and project management with strong knowledge of manufacturing and production processes. Excellent communication skills are essential as this position demands effective coordination between design teams, domestic and foreign vendors, and internal departments within the company. A strong working knowledge of AutoCad, Adobe Illustrator and Photoshop is a must!
**Interested candidates, please submit your resume with a cover letter and a link to your portfolio of work for evaluation**.
* Able to work through all phases of the product development process – concepts through production.
* Provide high-quality product designs and product directions.
Create dynamic trend directions with colors, materials, features, and graphics.
* Organize, communicate, and manage project development with vendors.
* Create detailed tech packs for vendors that provides all required information for production.
* Create and manage project timeline/schedule with vendor.
* Ensure key milestones and delivery dates are achieved.
* Daily communication and coordination with factories to ensure that the product development goals are being met for each project.
* Ability to effectively problem solve a variety of issues, while maintaining a solution based approach.
* Create product reviews for development, pre-production, and TOP samples.
* Overseas travel to vendor factories for items that are being developed.
WHAT WE ARE LOOING FOR
* Bachelor's Degree in product or apparel design field, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
* 3+ years of experience in product design and development.
* Experience in Microsoft Office, with a high level of proficiency in * Excel, Adobe Illustrator, AutoCad and Photoshop.
* Demonstrated understanding of project management strategies and practices applied to product development.
* Demonstrated knowledge of manufacturing practices and methods in the garment industry, including sewing, materials, construction layout, and pattern making.
* Ability to effectively solve problems on a variety of issues with a solution-based approach.
* Highly organized, self-driven, with a keen ability to know when and how to take the lead.
* A keen Interest in outdoor powersports (Motorcycles, Snowmobiles, ATV/UTV, BMX, Mountain Bike, and Watercraft) is a plus.
* Strong sense and awareness of current trends in sports products, sportswear and active lifestyle fashions.
Love the great outdoors? Love being a part of a fast-paced, expanding community of passionate outdoor enthusiasts? Well we do too. So what is it we do here at WPS? We like to say “we sell fun.” As one of the fastest growing wholesale distributors of aftermarket powersports parts, apparel, and accessories we believe in working hard and playing harder. We sell fun products, delivering to a nationwide-network of dealers from six warehouse locations around the country. Beyond our enthusiasm for the powersports industry, WPS is committed to lives of its employees and provides a comprehensive package of benefits to promote personal growth, both in and out of the work place. Benefits include Medical, Dental, Vision, Life and supplemental insurance; 401K and ROTH 401K; Vacation, Sick and Hospital paid time off, competitive pay and an exciting work experience!
**Any offer of employment subject to a candidate successfully completing a background search and pre-employment drug screen**
**Please submit your cover letter and resume with your full contact details. You MUST also include a link to a portfolio of your work. YOU WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED AS A CANDIDATE IF YOU DO NOT PROVIDE A LINK TO EXAMPLES OF YOUR WORK WITH YOUR RESUME**
NOTE: International candidates must hold a valid US working permit.