As a Real Art fabricator you will work with our team of designers to develop, construct, test and install the physical components for Real Art projects.
The scope of work can be anything and everything from large scale trade show displays to small scale projects (stripping paint, refinishing metal, soldering, wrapping or modifying) and may involve a variety of other trades or crafts from traditional metalworking, carpentry, painting, welding, plumbing, electrical, automotive, etc.
• You will be required work collaboratively with the other Real Art teams as required by any given scope of work.
• You will be required to assist account executives, producers and other co-workers in obtaining specifications and costs for project estimates based upon the design creative.
• You will assist and/or be responsible for resourcing supplies, materials, or equipment on an as needed, project-by-project basis.
• You will be responsible for maintaining the Dev Lab/Workshop, Build Area, and Clean Room in addition to maintaining tools and other equipment in a safe and clean manner.
• You may also be asked to support Real Art operational facilities maintenance and repairs, as needed or as time allows.
From time to time, you may be required to provide direction to other personnel assigned to help on a project build.
Additional responsibilities could include:
o Sketching ideas or creating renders that provide a visual of the described creative turned into a physical build.
o Use computer software to develop virtual models.
o Create physical prototypes.
o Evaluate design activation/installation safety, appearance, and function to determine if a design is practical.
o Present designs and demonstrate prototypes to the design team and/or clients for approval.
Other duties may be assigned, as needed, from time to time.
Physical Requirements & Working Conditions:
• You will regularly work with hand and power tools and must possess knowledge how to use them and do so safely. On occasion you may work with hazardous materials and/or in loud noise environments.
• You must possess normal vision, hearing and physical dexterity. Must be able withstand prolonged standing, stretching, bending, kneeling, and lifting.
• You will be required to do own laboring which may involve heavy weights (up to 50 lbs), considered manageable and safe; must be able to transport equipment.
• You may be required at times to work under adverse weather conditions and varying temperatures.
• To operate Real Art vehicle(s) you will be required to have a clean driving record.
• You must be able to work from ladders.
• Certification to drive a forklift or operate other warehousing equipment a plus.
• Knowledge of small electronics, micro-controllers and robotics a plus.
Include portfolio of images of builds that were for personal or professional projects.