Footwear Designer (Associate-Senior level)
The Footwear Designer will work as a member of the S3 team, involved in all aspects of the design and development of the product from collection inspiration to final sample development. We want you to bring innovative ideas, feel inspired, and enjoy the work while contributing to the expansion of our growing business.
• Drive the ideation process from design concept to product development to production
• Translate consumer insights/market research into product design concepts
• Shop the market for new trends and research new products and materials
• Create new collections and modifying existing styles
• Create technical specifications to send to factories for sampling
• Work closely with production/development team and liaise with overseas factories as needed
• Correct samples in each stage of development
• Work closely with clients to help realize concepts to products
• Travel overseas as needed
• Create packaging/graphics for internal brands and other projects
• Photography as needed
• Work with the marketing team on deliverables
• Assist with the artistic needs of sibling companies
• Practical experience (2+ years) in Footwear design, we will consider most levels of candidates
• Bachelor's degree in Design or Design related field preferred
• Skilled at both drawing/sketching by hand and in CAD
• Advanced proficiency in Adobe Illustrator and Photoshop
• The ability to work independently as well as with various teams, both internal and external
• Experience with managing product development from prototype to production
• Strong communication skills; ability to communicate effectively with cross-functional teams at all levels
• Excellent organizational skills with attention to detail and follow-through
• Extensive knowledge of industry trends, design concepts, materials, pattern/textures, etc.
• A portfolio reflecting their abilities as a designer
Email applications to email@example.com
Please submit a portfolio with your resume. Applications without a portfolio will not be considered.
NOTE: International candidates must hold a valid US working permit.