Foster America's fellowship program attracts extraordinary professionals from a variety of backgrounds. Foster America fellows provide the spark to create dramatic change and improve the lives of children. Our fellows work full-time at government or non-profit child welfare agencies for 18 months, joining reform-minded colleagues and mentors to pursue better results. Each fellow leads a major reform project that requires his/her/their specialized skills. Projects target high-leverage parts of child-welfare system that are ripe for change. This is an 18-month, full-time commitment. Our next cohort of fellows will begin their service no late than October 5th, 2020. Applications are accepted on a rolling basis, you are encouraged to apply early.
The following Fellowship positions are available:
- Human Centered Design
- Predictive Analytics
- Design Strategy
- Financial Management
- Coalition Building
For more information on roles, please visit: https://www.foster-america.org/roles
Foster America Cohort 5 Role Descriptions
- Hamilton County Finance Role to maximize resources for children and families.
- Hennepin County Visionary Strategist Role to design an equitable system that strengthens families.
- Oklahoma Design Strategist Role to leverage family voices for more equitable services.
- Santa Clara County Human-Centered Design Role to prevent foster care placement.
- Santa Clara County Predictive Analytics Role to identify strategies that prevent foster care placement.
- Santa Clara County Strategy Design and Implementation Planning Role to end child maltreatment.
Join us for a Webinar Info Session:
One of the best ways to learn about The Foster America Fellowship is to join staff and fellows/alumni for a one-hour webinar information session. Each webinar will include an overview of the Fellowship, how to apply, selection criteria, eligibility requirements, and the benefits and impact of the Fellowship. Participants can submit questions ahead of the webinar or during the webinar. Webinars are open to everyone with an internet connection and are held via Zoom.
Upcoming Webinars: August 13th at 2:30pm PST.