We are a Home Décor company in Los Angeles looking for a highly creative freelance designer to develop original art to be used on a variety of home décor products for major North American retailers.
To be successful in this role you need a strong understanding of design, color, typography, current market trends and home décor. You must be highly productive, able to work independently to execute design objectives, and meet required deadlines. Most importantly we need a designer who understands the balance between creativity and salability. It is important that we create designs that will appeal to the mass market while also being fresh and distinct.
1. Create original art to be applied to decorative wall and home décor products
2. Must be able to create a total 50 original art pieces per month. Art must be relevant to our current trends and customers.
3. Follow specific design direction provided by retailers and PD team
4. Ensure all art content developed is original and does not infringe on any existing copyrights
5. Create designs as high-resolution layered files which can be modified as needed, and reproduced on a variety of products
6. Maintain a calendar of projects to ensure all deadlines are met
7. Stay up-to-date with Market Trends
8. Quarterly Market Trend research
• Minimum 4-5 years of design experience
• Experience with gift, stationery or home décor industry preferred
• Strong understanding of design, color, composition and market trends
Please include a PDF of your portfolio or link to your portfolio.