Freelance Brand Designer:
We're looking for a Freelance Brand Designer to be a key member of our in-house design team to help evolve our brand. You'll be supporting the branding needs across all mediums. You must be a creative individual who has the capacity to turn their visualizations into comprehensive designs. You must be able to work collectively with the senior graphic designer and senior staff members. By the end of this project, we will have a completed brand book with in depth examples/explanations.
What You'll Get To Do:
• Communicate and present to stakeholders regularly regarding the status of the brand book, particularly as it affects schedules, budgets, and company business priorities
• Work closely with and report to the Senior Brand Designer on various design briefs
• Help evolve Zoku’s current visual style, voice, and tone.
• Help define our brand guidelines through composition, typography, iconography, color, motion, photography, illustration, tone of voice, packaging and website
• Create a beautiful brand book that helps advance our brand
Our Ideal Candidate:
• 5+ years of professional graphic design experience focused on branding
• A strong visual aesthetic and proven expertise in branding, composition and layout, typography, color theory, photography and illustration
• Experience designing a range of marketing content, demonstrating how to convey a consistent visual language across multiple touch points
• Creative with attention to detail
• Master of Adobe Creative Suite: Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign, etc.
• A degree in Design, Visual Studies, or other design-related field is preferred
• On-site role that will last about 4 to 6 weeks
Who We Are:
Zoku is known for our housewares. But really, we’re in the thinking business. We put the fun in functional with innovative, easy-to-use, well-designed products. Zoku means family in Japanese. The definition goes beyond creating family memories around our products, it speaks to our culture. Our office—which we designed from scratch—is our playground.
Located in the heart of Hoboken, New Jersey, our space is where creativity runs wild, risks are encouraged, and possibilities are infinite. We’re inspired by the world around us, getting our hands dirty with prototypes and learning by collaborating, building, tasting, and exploring. Our large test kitchen is the backdrop of tasting new recipes, bouncing ideas back and forth, and often where we all gather to eat our lunches.
It all started with a seemingly simple idea: what if we could make popsicles freeze faster? And after months of research, testing, and prototypes, our Quick Pop Maker was born. We knew we were on to something and soon, Williams-Sonoma agreed, picking us up for their holiday season.