Tactile is a high-touch design studio where the creative, technical, and strategic come together. We design meaningful physical and digital experiences for everyday moments and the one of a kind. We are made up of industrial designers, interaction designers, graphic designers, and engineers who create sought-after products and experiences through research and strategy.
We’re looking for freelance, mid to senior level Industrial Designers in our Seattle studio (must be local). As a freelance designer, you’ll be assigned to projects on an as-needed basis. You will have the opportunity to collaborate with cross-disciplinary teams from idea to conception with design at its core. We work on a wide spectrum of exciting and challenging projects that allow our designers to gain new experiences, learn and advance their craft.
- Both independent and team-oriented to design and develop products and experiences for a wide variety of subjects.
- Able to illustrate your ideas and communicate findings effectively in presentations/meetings, adapting style and detail level to client and project needs.
- Well versed in design methodologies and display excellence at all stages of the design process, including early concept development, sketching, building prototypes, CAD modeling, rendering and creating high-fidelity polished presentations.
- Motivated to conduct your own informal user research, market research, and usability testing to get to the heart of the problem.
- Grounded in your understanding of materials and processes and excited to push the envelope.
- Great at handling multiple workstreams with design direction.
- 5-7 years of relevant experience working in product design
- BA/BS in Industrial Design or related training
- High level of proficiency with industry standard design and prototyping tools; CAD, Adobe, Keyshot, etc.
- Portfolio of relevant work examples
- Excellent verbal communication and presentation skills
- Impeccable attention to detail
- Ability to work on and complete multiple tasks in a timely fashion
- Enthusiasm to adapt to diverse projects and clients, from med-tech to industrial to consumer electronics
An intimate, open studio that runs on coffee and camaraderie. You’ll fit in great here if you’re passionate, hard-working and don’t take yourself too seriously. Learn more about us at www.tactileinc.com. If you’re interested in becoming a part of the Tactile team please send us a note, your credentials and a link to your work at email@example.com.
If you’re interested in becoming a part of the Tactile team please send us a note, your credentials and a link to your work at firstname.lastname@example.org.