Vans: Be a Part of the Original
“It was never about waving the brand like a flag, it was always about the people” – Paul Van Doren
Vans is the original action sports footwear company, rooted in authenticity and creativity. Founded in 1966, Vans has thrived on a legacy of impacting our greater community through four pillars: action sports, music, art and street culture. We are constantly inspired by the expressive creators within our company and community as they bring new and innovative perspectives to help shape and transform the future of our business.
At Vans, our culture sets us apart and influences everything we do. We are driven by five values:
1. We are determined.
2. We are connected to our consumers and to each other.
3. We are inclusive.
4. We are expressive and fun.
5. And most of all, we are a family.
Vans is a subsidiary of VF, one of the world’s largest apparel and footwear companies with socially and environmentally responsible operations spanning numerous geographies, product categories and distribution channels. As we continue to expand, VF and Vans take great measures in developing and growing our people.
Vans is founded on a culture of learning. We take pride in our ability to facilitate learning opportunities by providing the resources and tools necessary to support each individual’s pursuit of growth to achieve future goals driven by our brand purpose.
Our purpose to enable creative expression and inspire youth culture is fostered through inclusivity. We welcome anyone and everyone into our global family and proudly celebrate an environment where individuality is embraced, equal opportunities thrive, and everyone is empowered to reach their greatest potential.
By joining the Vans family, you will be immersed in an environment of incredibly supportive and collaborative people. We work very hard across a multitude of large initiatives to bring the Van Doren spirit to life. We live for what we do.
Front-End Web Developer: Become the Newest Member of the Vans Family
Our purpose is to enable creative expression and inspire youth culture by celebrating and encouraging the Off the Wall attitude that comes from expressing your true self through our four pillars: music, art, street culture, and action sports. As a Front-End Web Developer, you are responsible for creating impactful experiences throughout the various pages on the Vans website. To do so, you will collaborate with a team of creatives, interactive designers, and other developers to define and implement exciting and dynamic functionality to our pages using the latest web technologies. If this role is exactly what you are looking for, then bring your ambitions and talents here where you will be immersed into the action sports youth culture movement.
How You Will Make a Difference:
1. Responsible for the translation of visual and written designs into optimized and working code to create a best in-class user experience.
2. Responsible for the implementation of robust client-side solutions, as well as best practices and standards in web development.
3. Responsible for performing QA to ensure cross-browser and device functionality.
4. Your diverse experiences and background enable you to provide a unique perspective to fuel our global growth. Additionally, you are inclusive and value differing points of view.
5. Push the boundaries of what is possible on the web by vetting and deploying projects with new and emerging web technologies.
Skills for Success:
Years of Related Professional Experience: 2+ years
Educational/ Position Requirements:
• A Bachelor’s degree in a relative field (computer science, web design, etc), or an equivalent
combination of experience and training that provides the required knowledge, skills and
• Expert knowledge in foundational web development (HTML, CSS)
• Expert knowledge of the DOM and element manipulation
• Strong debugging techniques with tools such as Chrome/Safari Dev Tools
• Familiarity with CSS preprocessors (SASS, LESS), task runners (Gulp, Grunt), Pug, jQuery,
• Familiarity with animation technologies such as GreenSock and CSS animations
• Familiarity of RESTful APIs and working with databases
• Familiarity of reusable components and single page applications using modern frameworks
such as Vue, React, or Angular
• Ability and willingness to adapt and learn new technologies
Special Physical and/or Mental Requirements:
• Travel required – approximately 5-10%
• Willing and able to work additional hours when needed
• Bend, lift, open, and move products and related office items varying in weight from 1 to
25lbs, depending on need