Passion. Creativity. Integrity. Teamwork. Ambition. Innovation. These are the qualities that have made Wilson Sporting Goods Co. the number one sports equipment brand in the world. And these are the qualities that our global team embodies every day as we pursue one shared bold mission: to ignite the true potential in every athlete.
We know that great people are what makes our brand great. We know that teams who bring a variety of skill sets, experiences and perspectives to challenge the status quo and create game-changing product means we are doing right by the athletes and coaches we serve. And that’s why we work with each member of our team to help them dream, discover, grow and realize their own full potential.
Evolving the sports world and being the best partner for players is no small task. We are continually looking to add hard-working, ambitious, team-first individuals who desire to make a difference —and who love to help others win. Join us.
What You’ll Do
As the Global Senior Product Design Manager for Racquet Sports, you will create new and revolutionary design DNAs and own the long-term design vision across all product categories. As a visionary and strategic leader, you are unapologetically focused on the consumer, generating hyper-relevant stories and products that excite the racquet sports markets. You have a professionally balanced approach to work within a dynamic and creative environment while also balancing the need for operational excellence and speed to market.
Specifically, you will:
• Create and maintain the visual design language and conceptualization for Wilson Racquet Sports hardgoods
• Advocate storytelling throughout the design team and drive intuitive visual solutions in product concepts
• Present stories and ideas cross functionally with effectiveness and confidence to gain consensus
• Drive team members to work within the constraints of close to market dynamics and speed
• Be at the global forefront of design trends, innovation, and application
• Create inspiration / trend (mood) / color boards for new line development
• Lead the Racquet Sports 360-degree integrated design direction in close collaboration with Footwear and Apparel
• Develop tech packs and communicate design concepts within the company and to Asia-based manufacturers by:
o Developing 2D and 3D rendered graphics
o Creating a design language (e.g. logos, color ways, finishes, cosmetic elements etc.) to adorn the racquet
• Work with the Marketing, Creative, Product and Innovation teams to gain ongoing consumer insights and profiles
• Build critical relationships and leverage expertise and capabilities from inside and outside Wilson to deliver results and create value
• Establish knowledge of innovative and alternative development techniques to allow for breakthrough design ideas
• Work with our Product / Sourcing teams and our vendors to ensure product design can be commercialized for mass production to meet our business objectives
What We Are Looking For
This role requires a bachelor’s degree in a graphics, design, or product related field plus 5 years global experience in the design of consumer products, preferably in tennis, automotive, sporting goods, or other consumer goods.
Other qualifications include:
• Experience managing projects for recognizable brands and leading teams through timely delivery and results
• Experience working across a variety of mediums in the design and production of branding, product design, and packaging
• Ability to quickly synthesize current market fashion, material and performance trends into design
• Strong sense of color
• Experienced in producing spec packs and technical drawings
• Exceptional 2D Skills: hand and computer sketching
• Ability to synthesize design-inspired consumer insights through connections with athletes
• Highly proficient in Adobe Illustrator and Photoshop, or similar design software. Knowledge of Key Shot and CAD experience a plus
• Ability to travel 10% domestically and internationally
• Demonstrated passion for tennis
What We’ll Provide
Located in the vibrant, sports-centric city of Chicago, Wilson Sporting Goods Co. global headquarters sits along the lakefront with first-class access to a burgeoning creative, innovative, energetic and active professional community. We offer an open, collaborative, high tech work environment with best in class amenities and perks, including:
• Medical, dental and vision
• Pre-tax transit discounts
• 401(k) with company match
• Life insurance
• Paid maternity/paternity leave
• Professional development opportunities
• Volunteering programs
• Team building outings
• Discounts on Wilson and Amer Sports products
• Smart casual dress (yes, jeans every day!)
• On-site health club
• Summer hours
• Company-sponsored sports leagues/teams
• Fun, active company outings around major sports events
Wilson Sporting Goods Co. is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, protected veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected characteristics.
Collect your best work and submit it to the 2020 Core77 Design Awards — it will go in front of a group of the top designers practicing today, and winners will claim vast bragging rights, media attention and an amazing trophy.
Enter today to beat the looming regular deadline – March 9th!Enter the C77DA x