As a Graphic Designer at Calyx, you’ll reshape the visual language of the cannabis industry by providing our clients with impeccable packaging designs. You’ll use detailed knowledge of how our labels are constructed to communicate with partners and see labels and boxes through to production.
You are creative, analytical, and excel at assignments not strictly related to artwork creation. Your body of work reflects and elevates fundamental design and branding principles. You want to join a team united by passion for continuously improving our products, services, and processes. Your energy is contagious–even through Google Hangouts!
- Communicate directly with clients to translate their specifications into on-brand and eye-catching label and box designs
- Communicate with production partners to build strong working relationships and maintain expertise in their print methods and artwork requirements
- Optimize the in-house prepress process for digital and flexographic prints
- Research state- and product-specific packaging and labeling regulations
- Execute in-house print jobs
- Perform other responsibilities as directed by the Head of Design
We’d love to hear from you if:
- You have a strong portfolio or body of work that shows excellent typography and composition skills
- You're up on all the latest packaging trends and leading brands
- Your portfolio contains superb packaging and label designs that balance readability with heavy text requirements
- You have experience preparing files for digital and offset print
- You have experience in a customer-facing role and are comfortable receiving customer feedback
- You have expertise in the Adobe Creative Suite, especially Illustrator, Photoshop, and InDesign
- You know constructive criticism is the driving force of good design
- You are familiar with or have experience in the cannabis industry
- You can adapt to Calyx's rapid project flow
Don’t meet all the requirements? Tell us which skill areas you’d like to build upon, and why you’re the right person for this role.
Please send a portfolio or body of work along with your application.