BerlinRosen is a leading national public relations and strategic communications firm delivering high impact media, digital strategy and advertising to top advocacy organizations, global tech companies, and progressive political candidates. Founded in 2005 by principals Valerie Berlin and Jonathan Rosen, BerlinRosen takes a message-first, results-focused approach to communications challenges, with strategies honed on the campaign trail and at the center of national movements. BerlinRosen was voted Observers #1 Most Powerful PR Agency in 2018.
ABOUT THE TEAM
The Campaigns & Creative Services (CCS) branch of BerlinRosen is a leader in Democratic political consulting and creative services with a strong record of winning tough races. We excel at every dimension of winning political campaignsfrom developing sharp messages and building field and targeting plans, to creating compelling direct mail and paid media to drive our clients messages to the right voters. With decades of combined experience working on political and public affairs campaigns, were driven by the campaign managers ethos: Think big, act fast, and win every day.
ABOUT THIS ROLE
Do you have a passion for generating ideas quickly and telling stories through impactful visuals? Are you fed up with Trump and the GOP? Do you want to use your skills to help elect Democratic candidates who can change the course of history?
If you answered yes, then this is the job for you.
BerlinRosen is staffing up for the 2019 and 2020 election seasons and looking for full-time designers of varying experience levels to work out of our New York office. We want print designers with natural talent and an interest in politics who can translate abstract messages into direct mail, canvassing literature, digital/social media ads and other creative products.
As our Graphic Designer on the CCS team, you will...
• Collaborate on multiple campaigns to produce and edit clean, eye-catching and exceptional designs
• Regularly meet tight deadlines for a diverse range of candidates running for office
• Have a creative point of view and strong ability to problem solve
OUR IDEAL CANDIDATE...
• Comes to the table with creative ideas on design strategy. Youre well versed in every step of design, and love to interpret complex ideas visually through color, photography and typography. They respect the grid but also know when and how to break it.
• Dots every i, changes every inch mark to a smart quote, and changes every foot mark to an apostrophe. Your typography is properly kerned, alignment is on point, images bleed, and Photoshop masks are clean.
• Receives specific creative direction and can run with it; you think of critiques as learning opportunities and negative feedback as an exciting problem-solving challenge; and thrives in a team setting.
• Is an expert multitasker. Project briefs change, deadlines move, a client blows up an approved plan and there are still a dozen projects in the queue. Its the nature of the business, and not only do they keep up with our fast-paced process, they thrive off of it.
• Always meets deadlines. Not only do they keep pace, they stay cool under pressure and can quickly change priorities to meet a last-minute deadline.
• Understands that campaigns arent 9-5. Youre willing to work long hours and weekends during peak periods.
• Executes fast. Whatever your Adobe tool of choice is, they have advanced knowledge of the Creative Suite to bring their or the team's vision to life. Their knowledge of keyboard shortcuts almost makes the mouse useless.
• Is adaptable. You can change their design aesthetic and approach to fit a variety of campaigns and audiences within the span of a few hours.
Additionally, our ideal candidate may have experience and backgrounds in...
• Digital Design
WORKING AT BERLINROSEN
BerlinRosen will make sure that you have what you need to excel in your role do your job with excellence, including...
• A positive and supportive team with opportunities for advancement committed to helping all staff develop and grow
• A competitive salary based on leading market rates
• 100% coverage of Health, Dental, and Vision insurance monthly premiums
• Company sponsored Health Reimbursement Arrangement (HRA)
• Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
• 401K with a 4% employer match with no vesting period
• Generous paid time off in which we encourage staff to take sufficient time for self-care
• 9 paid bank holidays
• Pre-tax commuter benefits via WageWorks
• Mobile phone reimbursement
• Weekly assortments of fresh and healthy snacks, beverages, and even cold brew coffee on tap
• Company-sponsored and employee-driven events and activities
BerlinRosen is committed to a policy of Equal Employment Opportunity and will not discriminate against an applicant or employee based on the basis of race, creed, religion, color, national origin, age, alienage or citizenship status, ancestry, nationality, national origin, marital or domestic partnership or civil union status, familial status, sex, pregnancy, gender identity, disability, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, BerlinRosen will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.
Apply Here: http://www.Click2Apply.net/2b6p78jxyy83dxh8