The American Public Power Association is looking for a Digital Designer Specialist to serve as a key member of the Publications team to help raise the profile of the American Public Power Association and its members. The incumbent will serve as an account manager to gauge needs and evolve and deliver strategic creative solutions. They'll also independently handle conceptual development, design, and production; all while ensuring that end products are visually compelling, enhances the association's brand, empower members, and helps drive non-dues revenue generation.
This is not a remote position. APPA offers a flexible work schedule for full-time employees. Once an employee meets their 6-month employment requirement, the employee has the ability to telework up to 3 days a week. Candidate must be in the DC, Maryland, and Virginia area.
Some of the Digital Designer Specialist's duties include but are not limited to:
• Serving as an in-house account manager for different teams in the association — understanding goals, developing strategic creative solutions, managing creative projects, and facilitating teamwork.
• Developing concepts, designs, and producing the full range of association digital and print communications including:
o News publications,
o Motion graphics,
o Member tools and templates,
o Website and social media,
o Marketing and conference materials, and
o other special projects as assigned.
• Providing direction to freelancers with special skills and expertise in photography, illustration, video, motion graphics, and other areas as required.
• Working with production vendors to ensure on-time delivery to expectation.
• Proactively pitches creative concepts to help meet association and member goals.
• Contributing to layout, typography, and photography decisions; using team feedback to problem-solve and improve design concepts.
• Creating and editing visually compelling video assets and dynamic motion graphics that inspire and inform.
The ideal candidate will have:
• A four-year degree in graphic design or a related field.
• 3–5 years of demonstrable design experience including visual design and video editing experience through a portfolio of projects and/or website.
• Strong graphic design skills in both digital technology, motion graphics design, and editing software packages such as Adobe Creative Suite: Premier Pro, After Effects, Animate, Lumen5 wiz. Proficiency with HTML/CSS and current web technologies.
• Experience with Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign and the Adobe Creative Suite.
• Experience with Microsoft Office Suite, including PowerPoint.
• Strong organizational skills with attention to detail and proven ability to juggle multiple deadlines.
• A desire to work collaboratively on projects and conceptual work.
American Public Power Association is an equal opportunity employer.
Apply Here: https://www.click2apply.net/W7NeeqcKBXlrc5pBujP5k