Define the product design and materials for all Papier’s products and packaging, both new and existing.
Expertise and relationships
• Develop deep expertise on materials and production methods relevant for our product categories and markets in order to deliver best in class differentiated design
• Develop and manage strong relationships with our global network of suppliers and printers
• Research new materials and production methods and develop new stakeholder relationships to broaden and deepen expertise
• Generate ideas and concepts that are innovative, user-centred and further the commercial, brand and operational goals
• Prototype and demonstrate ideas through sketching, illustration, 3D CAD modelling, rendering and physical 3D prototyping
• Manage user testing in order to make decisions or validate designs
Collaboration and communication
• Collaborate with other Papier teams including Commercial, Brand, Creative, Tech and Operations in order to develop designs that support broader Papier goals and are commercially and operationally viable
• Communicate effectively with the different stakeholders using the range of visual, verbal, technical and non-technical formats best suited to the situation
• Self-driven and hands on designer with vision but willing to jump in and get hands dirty from day one
• Sketching and illustration, technical drawings, use of design tools (e.g. Illustrator, Solidworks) and model making
• Experience across diverse range of product categories, in particular stationery, books, homeware and packaging
• Experience in a leadership role ideally with experience reporting into a non-design specialist executive (e.g. Chief Operating / Marketing officer)
• A strong portfolio demonstrating a relevant body of work
• Experience of building and developing high performing teams and leading cross functionally within a business
• Motivation to work in a fast-moving entrepreneurial environment with vision and creativity and a strong sense of initiative, ownership and collaboration.
• Competitive Salary
• Central Fitzrovia Office Location
• £40 per month cultural allowance (to spend on museum, theatre, gig tickets and more!)
• Fully stocked fridge and weekly team lunch on Fridays
• Regular team events and cultural trips
• Friendly and fantastic team!