Industrial Craft is seeking to hire an Industrial Design Intern to join our studio in the Mission District in San Francisco.
The intern’s responsibilities range from user research, concept ideation, and freehand sketching to model-making, 2D and 3D CAD, photo-realistic rendering, and client presentations. You will also help on non-client-facing projects in the studio, including maintaining the workshop and assisting with marketing and PR efforts.
You are confident, creative, and articulate. You want to work hard and grow. You are punctual and organized and create daily and weekly plans that you can uphold.
We are a small, dedicated, and experienced team driven to do outstanding work for our clients. As a team, we endeavor to be transparent, honest, and friendly. We hope you are too.
- An intuitive sense of form, materials, and proportions
- Strong freehand drawing skills and enjoy brainstorming in a team context
- Advanced ability with 3D CAD surfacing in Rhino, Fusion360, or Solidworks
- High-quality photo-realistic rendering in Keyshot or a similar rendering software
- Intermediate-level skills with Adobe Creative Suite
- Confident in a workshop environment and can make “looks-like” and “works-like” mock-ups
- A good sense of manufacturing processes
- Experience and interest in digital design, including wireframing and visual design
- Committed to making ideas real – from concept through to manufacturing
- Driven, motivated, and good at managing your time
- You will work onsite in our studio in San Francisco.
-Must be studying towards or have a degree in Industrial Design
-Please submit a resume and portfolio via email to firstname.lastname@example.org
-Authorization to work in the USA is an essential requirement.
-Four-month, full-time, paid internship at $25/hr.
-Vacation hours accrue at 6.66 hours per month.
-You can start working within the next six weeks.
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion:
Industrial Craft is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to being a workplace free from discrimination and we foster a culture of inclusion and belonging. A diverse team creates an environment where our employees can thrive and develop better products for our clients and their customers.