Interested in working at Hudl? Awesome. Here’s what you need to know.
Our goal is to change the way coaches, athletes and analysts prepare for and stay ahead of the competition. Whether it’s with video, stats or a combination of the two, we want our tools to help every step of the way. That’s why we’re always hiring, and we need the best because a product is only as good as the people behind it.
Hudl needs an experienced Industrial Design leader to oversee the physical design of our hardware products and to strengthen the discipline within the organization. You will collaborate closely with engineers, product designers, product managers and manufacturing experts from the initial research phase all the way through mass production. You’ll sketch new concepts, develop designs, and refine each iteration with quality and customer needs in mind.
• Are passionate about understanding organized, competitive team sports.
• Have 3-7+ years practicing consumer product design with a relevant college degree.
• Are a natural born storyteller and more than competent communicator across a variety of mediums
• Are comfortable with all aspects of the design process: from direct contact with users, through to concept development and mass production with manufacturers
• Have experience leading and mentoring a team through the industrial design process
• Have experience managing and coaching others through career development and performance
• Have the ability to foster strong working practices and processes within an organization
• Are Proficient with both 3D/2D modeling and rendering software (e.g. Fusion 360, Solidworks, etc.)
• Can quickly communicate visually with rough sketches, scale models, and prototypes.
• Are able to translate ideas and sketches into 3D prints for testing.
• Have experience working with consumer electronics and a history of producing products that span the gap between physical and digital
• Define and specify color, materials and finish for prototypes and production devices.
• Value and practice reusable component architecture and packaging.
• Understand manufacturing methods, processes and the constraints they impose.
• Feel at home in a machine shop—rapidly producing prototypes to test feasibility, strength, etc.
• Are able to travel to visit customer installation sites and manufacturers in the USA and abroad (
How you will succeed
By combining intense collaboration with peers and direct, regular exposure to customers.
• Engineers - How will you combine and reinforce form and function? Will you get your hands dirty? How well can you quickly craft a real prototype to prove or disprove an abstract concept?
• Marketing & Branding - How does your work communicate and sell? How does it cohere with the broader design language and systems at Hudl?
• User Interface & Service Design - How will users interact with, schedule, and consume the content your devices create?
• Product Managers - How do our physical components fit into the broader product and company vision? How do you communicate concerns or opportunities with budget and timeline?
• Hardware Operations - How will our work be produced at scale in a cost effective way? How do we hand off the manufacturing of our work efficiently?
• Customers - How might you help them with their explicit and implicit (latent) needs?
• Treat you like an adult. We trust you to get work done and take a break when you need it. Use time off when you want and how you want.
• Take care of you. Our health insurance and retirement plans will let you and your family sleep soundly.
• Feed you. Hudl provides daily lunches in our Lincoln and Omaha offices, and lunch once a week in our Boston and London offices.
Collect your best work and submit it to the 2020 Core77 Design Awards — it will go in front of a group of the top designers practicing today, and winners will claim vast bragging rights, media attention and an amazing trophy.
Enter today to beat the looming regular deadline – March 9th!Enter the C77DA x