Founded in the heart of Manhattan, Lifeworks Technology designs and manufactures innovative mobile, sport and automotive accessories for a broad range of brands and markets. Our team champions human centered design as a catalyst for making everyday products better. We're a local company, operating globally with offices in New York City, Shenzhen, and Tel Aviv. We’re thinkers, tinkerers, and dreamers looking to make products that make a real impact.
We’re looking for an enthusiastic Industrial Designer, with a passion for cars, and automotive accessories to join our team. The ideal candidate is creative, detail oriented and not afraid of taking on a challenge. You’re inquisitive and articulate and can clearly communicate your ideas verbally and visually to a variety of audiences. You have a keen understanding of the design process, from research and ideation to refinement and mass production.
• 4-year degree in Industrial Design or equivalent.
• Minimum 1-3 years of experience designing hard-good products.
• Excellent modeling skills using SolidWorks. Surfacing abilities are a must
• Knowledge of rendering software (Keyshot is preferable)
• Knowledge of Adobe software including Photoshop and Illustrator
• Must have expert sketching ability and be able to show an evolved design process through drawings and renderings
• Working knowledge of consumer good construction, manufacturing techniques, and materials.
• Ability to articulate ideas in a persuasive matter to a variety of different audiences.
• experience creating compelling story boards, trend research, and color reports to convey point of view
Nice to have:
• Pervious experience in automotive accessories
• A cars and the auto industry
* Please include your name and the title "AUTOMOTIVE" in the subject line.
Please provide CV and PDF or Web portfolio when applying
NOTE: International candidates must hold a valid US working permit.