Tactile is a product and UX design firm specializing in design solutions for trusted professionals. We believe great tools cultivate meaningful experiences that can improve our working and living conditions. We’re guided by the principle that functional should also be beautiful and enjoyable.
For over 15 years, we’ve relied on building trust and collaborative relationships with our clients. When you start with a foundation of empathy, every project ends with a product that works for everyone. It’s the diversity of our employees’ ideas and experience that inspires innovation in design. Tactile is made up of an exceptional group of people, spanning user experience, visual design, industrial design, and mechanical engineering. We look at product design holistically, knowing that a product isn’t just another project. It’s where intent and relevance intersect in order to solve real-world problems. Designers at Tactile find balance in usability, delight, and feasibility—it’s there that solutions to complex problems come to life. We work on a wide spectrum of exciting and challenging projects that allow our designers to gain new experiences, learn, and advance their craft. You will also be asked to collaborate with cross-disciplinary teams from idea to conception in a more traditional industrial design sense as well.
During the current global COVID-19 pandemic, we’re mostly working remotely. Initially, we’re looking for a remote Industrial Designer with core strengths in graphics and color, materials, and finish (CMF) development, but as conditions improve, the position will eventually work on-site in our Boston studio.
- Someone who takes extreme value in the end result (what hits the shelf).
- Interested in designing and developing products and experiences for a wide variety of industries.
- A collaborator that can also work independently.
- Passionate about design and the work you do.
- Someone who sweats the details while also aiming for the stars.
- Experienced in conceptualizing options for CMF as it relates to a brand and as it targets specific audiences.
- Able to conceptualize how specific CMF can change the story of a product.
- Able to manage the production processes for CMF development and are willing to see it through on the manufacturing floor.
- Grounded in the understanding of materials and production processes, and excited to push the envelope.
- Well-versed in design methodologies and display excellence at all stages of the design process, including early concept development, CAD modeling, rendering, and creating high-fidelity polished presentations.
- Motivated to conduct your own informal user research, market research, and usability testing to get to the heart of the problem.
- Able to illustrate your ideas and communicate findings effectively in presentations/meetings, adapting style and detail level to client and project needs.
- Great at handling multiple workstreams with design direction.
- Willing to travel overseas. A few weeks out of the year will be spent bringing products into reality, working arm in arm with manufacturing engineers around the world.
- 3+ years of relevant experience working in product design
- BA/BS in Industrial Design, or related training
- High level of proficiency with industry-standard design and prototyping tools; CAD, Adobe, Keyshot, etc.
- Portfolio of relevant work examples
- Excellent verbal communication and presentation skills
An intimate and open studio that has two locations – in Seattle and Boston. We take our values and work seriously, but we don’t take ourselves too seriously. At Tactile, relationships matter most, and we do our best work together. We celebrate diversity of culture and character, and we check our egos at the door.
If you’re interested in becoming a part of the Tactile team please send us a note, your credentials, and a link to your portfolio at email@example.com. Learn more about us at www.tactileinc.com.
If you’re interested in becoming a part of the Tactile team please send us a note, your credentials, and a link to your portfolio at firstname.lastname@example.org.