*HYBRID Position* (Minimum 3 days in office)
ImageWorks Display is looking for an Industrial Designer to join the organization. This position is responsible for developing structural and engaging retail design solutions for permanent and semi-permanent displays and fixtures.
- Generate conceptual sketches and create soft-model mockups.
-Utilize SolidWorks to develop structural and engaging retail design solutions for permanent and semi-permanent displays and fixtures.
- Ensure that designs do not increase the cost of the product.
- Consider various factors relating to physical appearance of the product, usability and safety while designing.
- Candidate should have an understanding of industrial/retail design.
- Foundational knowledge of POP displays / fixtures.
- Familiarity with the tools, materials, and manufacturing process required for the development of retail display concepts- including: Acrylic Fabrication; Wire & Sheet Metal; Plastic & Aluminum Extrusion; Vacuum Forming; CNC Machining; Plastic Injection Molding; and Graphics Production.
- Basic understanding of graphic design and pre-press.
- Basic understanding of shopper marketing.
- High level of creativity in creating new and attractive designs.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with ability to clearly convey details and expectations.
- Able to prioritize tasks, using organizational and time-management skills
- Able to assess situations and challenges, identifying potential solutions for customers.
- Works successfully as a team; open to collaboration and critique.
- Proficient computer skills, Microsoft Office Suite; Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator
- Adobe Creative Suite
- Experience with Form Z is a plus.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor's Degree in Industrial Design or similar.
- Three or more years of industrial design experience
- Experience designing retail displays and fixtures preferred.
- Experience in production / manufacturing is a plus.
Equal Opportunity Employment
ImageWorks Display is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, age, disability, veteran status, or other characteristics or statuses protected by law.