Leadoff Studio is an exciting full service Industrial Design and Product Development consultancy based in New York City. We work with cutting edge start-ups and established companies, creating innovative concepts that we help our clients bring to life. Our projects are diverse across a spectrum of categories like consumer electronics, housewares, furniture, footwear, retail, packaging, and more.
Our studio is growing and we are looking for a passionate designer to join our award winning team. We are a small team in which our designers collaborate on all phases of the design process, from initial concept all the way to production.
This is the chance to join our small team and make a huge impact on incredible projects. This is a full-time position that starts as a 3 month contract. We are looking to add this position to our team permanently at the end of the contract. The Industrial Designer will need to be able to work part-time from our office and part-time remotely until our entire staff is vaccinated.
- 2-4 years of experience. Experience with a consultancy is a major plus.
- Excellent sketching and visualization skills. Ability to communicate clearly through presentation level sketches.
- Advanced knowledge of Solidworks that includes surfacing.
- Advanced skills in creating renderings in Keyshot.
- Advanced skills with Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop, and InDesign.
- A proven track record of creative problem solving and analytical thinking.
- Refined aesthetic and an attention to detail in your designs.
- Ability to create prototypes using basic materials and digital prototyping methods.
- A strong understanding and ability to think through a design’s usability, with empathy towards the end user’s experience.
- Experience in guiding design through to manufacturing.
- Great verbal and interpersonal skills.
- Detail oriented and organized.
- Passionate about design and trends that goes beyond your 9-5.
- A positive attitude and excitement for the job.
- Must have authorization to work in the USA.
Applicants must be located in the New York Tri-State area, as you must be able to easily get to our studio based midtown in Manhattan (Hudson Yards).
Send samples of your work that demonstrate your fit for the role as a pdf or url along with your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Let us know in the email why you are a great fit to join our team.